Chapter: 7

Katherine Pov

Katherine had been too late. She had been too late to get to Bella by the time she had made it to the house. Her coffin was gone. Alaric Saltzman had come to collect her to bring her back to his school. 

Katherine thought it was funny a school full of supernatural kids. Could that man get any more stupid? A school in Mystic Falls is no less a beacon for supernatural trouble and curses. The risk of exposure was so great. But knowing Alaric, he probably had something up his sleeve if anything was to go south. What was more unbelievable was that people were trusting Alaric with their kids, an ex-vampire hunter running a school full of supernatural. Yeah, not. Katherine wouldn't trust Alaric at all she knew he had changed, but you can't erase every prejudice. 

But getting Isabella back would be a challenge. Katherine knew she just couldn't walk up and snatch Isabella up and walk out again, especially not in school roaming around with noisy kids. Getting her daughter back meant having a plan, and right now, Katherine didn't have that.

First things first she had to catch up with Alaric which wasn't hard he had stopped at the same gestation that she had stopped at when she saw him Katherine quickly hid looking towards his car to see Isabella she wasn't in the dress Katherine had put on her she was wearing modern clothes and there was another girl there too older auburn hair,  blue eyes and an expression that Katherine knew was familiar yet she couldn't place it.  The girl said something to Isabella, which made her shake her head.

Seeing her baby look mildly scared made Katherine want to gather her in her arms and never let her go. Katherine wished that Isabella and her could forever go back to the life they had, Isabella smiling, her voice always filling their home.

But Katherine couldn't do that just yet she needed to wait. So she sped away and waited for Alaric to leave so she could then follow him to see where he was taking her baby.

Even without following him, Katherine could've probably pulled the school up on Google, but she wanted to follow him instead to make sure Isabella got to the school, okay. It broke Katherine's heart that she wasn't with Isabella. She should've been thinking about her instead of chasing the Salvatore, but she had lost hope.

Hope of ever seeing her daughter again so Katherine stopped looking for a cure or a way to wake Isabella because it felt like a lost cause, and no one knew how to help her. Katherine eventually realized she needed to live her own life. She did that and also died for that life, for her selfishness.  And it was time for Katherine to make up for her wrong and live the life she was supposed to with her daughter. 

2 Day's Later

Katherine hadn't followed Alaric to Mystic Falls since she knew the way. It would be way too suspicious if she had, even if everything in her wanted to. She had been watching Bella every chance she got which wasn't often she knew Alaric was thinking about setting appointments for Bella to see a Physical therapist but he was still debating if he should. He didn't know what supernatural being she was and Katherine herself didn't know either. All she knew was that Isabella was her daughter whom she pushed with blood, sweat, and tears and loved for 500 years. 

Katherine had stopped at Mystic Falls Grill to eat some lunch while also trying to access some of the old funds and trying to find somewhere she and Isabella could live. Katherine was debating between Turkey, Sweden, or Norway. Katherine hadn't been particularly paying attention to who was coming into the Grill when she heard voices that she was told were long gone, turning slightly Katherine saw exactly who she dread to see quickly getting up and grabbing all her things. Katherine ran to the bathroom. Katherine smiled at the lady who was leaving, "Dodging an ex?" Katherine chuckled before nodding, "Mystic Falls is way too small." Katherine said as the woman laughed in agreement.