── chapter sixteen

Start from the beginning

she tied her hair up, doing the bubble ponytail hairtsyle. "vienna!" her mom called from downstairs, she stood up from the floor and went out of her room. "vienna! nelson is here!"

vienna froze on the spot, they haven't talked since she saw fern hugging him. she felt bad for avoiding him but she knows that if she looked at him for more than 1 second then she's going to cry.

"vienna!" hazel yelled, walking over to stare at her from the bottom of the stairs. "come on sweetheart, he's here to watch your game today. you ok?"

she nodded her head in response, speaking up. "just tell him to come upstairs in my room." she said, walking away to go back into her room. nelson ran up the stairs to follow her, shutting the door behind him when he entered her bedroom.

there was a moment of silence as he sat down on her bed, watching her do her hair. he sighed and spoke up, "you nervous for your game?"

vienna glanced at him through the mirror but quickly looked away. "yeah." she dryly responds. nelson just stared at her, trying to figure out what to say.

"can we talk?" he asked her, vienna looks over to him. "please?"

"okay." she nodded her head and waited for him to continue.

"vee, can you come sit beside me please?" he pleaded and vienna stood up, trying to avoid eye contact and sat down next to him. she looked down at her lap and he put his hands on hers. "listen, whatever you saw after you won your championship game between fern and i was all a misunderstanding. i promise you."

she stayed quiet, feeling tears prick her eyes. "come on, vee. how much longer are we going to ignore each other."

"i don't know." she shrugged her shoulders. he sucked a deep breath in.

"i'm fucking trying to communicate with you but you just keep looking down! can you look at me at least once please?" he said, raising his voice.

"well i'm sorry that i don't know how to communicate!" vienna spoke back, finally looking back at him. nelson's face soften's when he saw the tears streaming down her face. "i'm really trying, but it's hard because there's these words that i want to say but it's like whenever i open my mouth to say something, i go mute. i'm sorry. i believe you."

she covers her face with her hands and nelson wraps his arms around her, giving her a big hug. they swayed back and forth until she pulled away. nelson spoke up, looking down at her. "i love you so much and i would never do anything to hurt you, i promise."

vienna smiled up at him, wiping her tears away. "i love you too." nelson leaned in to kiss her on the lips but her bedroom door suddenly opens, revealing miles in the doorway. they pull apart quickly, turning their heads to look at him.

"oh shit, sorry." he said, closing the door but then opens it again. "it's time to go by the way." shutting the door closed, vienna and nelson laugh. he kissed her forehead and wipes the remaining tears away.

"come on, you got a team to destory." nelson said, bringing her up on her feet. vienna chuckles as he dragged her out of her room.

vienna was warming up, she was a libero but can also do a killer spike. hayden sets her the ball, she ran up and spikes it on the ground. they do that for a good amount of time before the game was about to start.

"we're going to win this first game, right ladies?" their coach asked and they all say yes. "vienna, keep doing what you're doing and get those recieves and spikes. hayden, do your sets and everyone else knows their job!"

the team stomps their feet and starts making rumbling noises, starting off quiet and then they started getting loud. "go...panthers!" they all yell, the first six goes out to play. vienna in the back middle.

first, it was amelia's turn to serve. she throws the ball in the air, over hand serving it. the other team recieves it, sets it and spikes it. vienna watches the ball, recieving it perfectly. "nice recieve!"

hayden sets it and zoey runs up, spiking it down but it got blocked. "oh shit." vienna mumbled under her breath, diving for the ball. she recieves the ball and hayden sets it again, zoey spiking it the opposite way this time and she got a point.

the team claps and pats her back. amelia serves again, succesfully and the team spikes it down. this time, it was penelope who recieves the ball, hayden sets it and vienna runs up, spiking it down on the floor.

the team cheers, vienna puts her arms out, turning around in a circle as one by one they all fall to the floor. the rest of the game was good and they won all three sets. they high five the other team.

vienna turns around but suddenly got picked up by somebody. she screams and starts laughing when she knew it was nelson. "atta girl!" he yelled, spinning her around.

he puts her down and they walk to the car with his arm around her. hazel captures a photo and sends it to cassie, telling her that it's fine for nelson to stay over a couple nights.

vienna and nelson were both happy they have each other.