❝𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧❞

Harlee walked into her Home-Ec class and saw Santana, who was staring at the door. When Santana saw Harlee walk into the classroom, her head perked up. Santana motioned Harlee over, to come to sit next to her

~~~

"Wow, already so attached to me, huh?" Harlee joked, putting her backpack on the ground and taking the seat next to Santana.

"I just think we got off on the wrong foot, and I think we could be a good pair of friends", Santana said nonchalantly, already chipping off a tiny piece of Harlee's heart. Harlee didn't want to be only friends, she wanted more, but clearly Santana only saw her as a friend.

"Sure, whatever you say San", Harlee giggled, while slightly pushing Santana's shoulder. Santana's heart fluttered and cheeks burned after hearing the giggle, causing her to whip her head away and look to the teacher who started to explain the first recipe the girls would create. 

The first recipe they were tasked to create was chocolate chip cookies. Today, they were going to make them from scratch and see how they turn out. Tomorrow, they were going to follow a recipe and the day after, they were going to alter their homemade recipe to make the best versions of cookies they could.

"Oooh! I love baking chocolate chip cookies!", Harlee squealed, causing Santana to grin.

"Partner up, and choose wisely as these will be your partners for our chocolate chip cookies unit!", Chef Gayle said, who was in charge of the Home-Ec unit.

"Tana, be my partner?", Harlee asked, flashing Santana puppy dog eyes.

"As long as you can bake cookies, because I for one, can cook, but not bake", Santana laughed, while agreeing to be Harlee's cookie partner.

"That sounds perfect because I can only bake, not cook!", Harlee replied, smiling, while passing Santana an apron and putting one on herself, before going to the class cabinets to grab the dry ingredients, while Santana went to the class fridge, to grab a plethora of the wet ingredients, in case of a bad batch or mistake.

"Okay, first, we need 2 full cups and 1 quarter cup of all-purpose flour, and to set the oven to 375 degrees", Harlee said, while grabbing a big bowl and starting to measure her flour into the bowl. Santana preheated the oven while giggling at her concentrated look, as Harlee's tongue poked out from the corner of her mouth. 

"Next, we need to add 1 teaspoon of baking soda, half a teaspoon of salt, 3 quarter cups of granulated sugar, 3 quarter cups of brown sugar, and mix the dry ingredients together", Harlee said, pouring the contents into the bowl, as Santana lightly mixed the ingredients together, to separate the clumping. 

"Next, we need to add 1 cup of softened butter, 1 egg, 1 and 1 half teaspoons of vanilla, and 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips!", Harlee said, adding the wet ingredients into a bowl, and then getting a spatula out to fold the ingredients together.

"Woah, don't you think that's a lot of chocolate chips?", Santana asked.

"What can I say, I'm a chocolate gal!", Harlee giggled, leaning closer to Santana. The two girls started to form balls out of their dough and placed them onto a tray. Harlee popped the tray into the oven, once they finished forming their balls.

"Now, the hardest part. Waiting for the cookies to finish", Harlee sighed, resting her back against the counter, next to Santana.

The 15 minutes of waiting went by pretty fast, as the girls just gossiped and talked about Glee.