Poguelandia: Week Two

Willow's POV

"John B, truth or dare?" Sarah turns to him, waiting for his answer.

He plops down on the logs we have around our firepit, "Truth!"

"If you could go back and do anything different, what would it be?"

"Get the gold out before ward." JJ answer for my brother, twisting his body away from the ocean to see John B nodding in agreement.

"Maybe hide the cross a little better." Pope frowns to himself.

"Not sneak into Tannyhill and hold Ward at gunpoint." I chuckle when JJ squeezes my thigh, probably agreeing to my statement. 

"Not yell murderer at Ward, maybe." Kie gives a guilty look to everyone, letting her eyes linger on JJ. 

He shifts uncomfortably and pulls me into his side, I've been confused on what's going on between them, I can't help but think they argued or something. It's weird. I feel like Kie wants to say something to JJ but he's acting like he doesn't want to hear whatever she has to say.

They're just friends. They're JUST friends. Right? I'm just being crazy. Right?

"Uh," John B pauses to think of his own answer, "steal a couple bottles of rum before we jumped off the boat?"

"I would look both ways before crossing the street." Cleo eyes Sarah. 

"Yeah, my bad. My bad."

"Alright back to the game, Kie, truth or dare?" John B throws a woven hat towards her.

Kie grins, "Truth."

"If you could go back to your parents house right now, back to figure eight, would you?"

"Not a chance!" She exclaims as she peers over towards JJ again. This is getting really weird. "JJ, truth or dare?"

He smiles at her, "Do you even have to ask?"

She points to the cliffs that hang over the ocean, "I dare you to do the big jump."

His eye's light up, "Oh now that's my kind of dare. Let's do this!" 

I can see the excitement rolling off of him, he jumps to his feet, tearing off his shirt off in one fluid motion before bending down to kiss both mine and Emmys heads. Then he takes off running for the cliffs. 

Emmy's done nursing, so I clip my bra after everyone runs to the beach to watch him. I grab a swaddle and drape it over my shoulder to shield the sun from her face before heading down the beach where everyone is cheering JJ on. He's at the top of the highest cliff already, fear floods my system when I try to gauge the drop to the water below. If he lands wrong he will break his neck or back, or just straight up die and leave me alone to raise our daughter.

This is reckless. But I'm not going to ruin the mood and 'put JJ in time out', as Kie would say. Since every time I tell JJ to not do something, she thinks I'm controlling him. 

Whatever, I just care. 

"There's no way he's going to jump!" Cleo exclaims with a wide smile.

Pope looks at her with an amused expression, "Its highly dangerous, uh, zero reward, he's definitely doing it!"

God, JJ is sexy standing shirtless up there, those perfectly cut muscles glimmering from the sun reflecting off his sweat, that perfect smile he wears when he's excited, his wildly long hair blowing in the wind, his abs that lead to his huge... My dirty thoughts cut off when he dives head first off the cliff.