Chapter 5 Ash's POV

Start from the beginning

 Snowy noticed the ruby on one of Adagio's gloves.

"Why would you know anything about the Rain booms?" Adagio asked. 

Snowy hopped off her chair and focused on the ruby sparkling on Adagio's gloves.

"You're not still talking to them, are you?"

My memory flashed to when Twilight had held hands with the other girls and said friendship was magic. Nothing had happened. After people started arguing, the girls had left the room. I followed them and told them I wasn't a monster and asked if my sister said anything. Applejack noted that my eyes were round and that I was confused. She said that meant I was probably telling the truth. Rainbow Dash told her you can't tell if someone is telling the truth by the shape of their eyes. Pinkie asked me where my sisters were at eleven in the morning the day before. I told her they said they were going to the bathroom to fix their makeup. Applejack said people's pupils moved when they were lying and that my pupils had stayed still, which meant I truly believed that was where they were at the time. I asked what they meant and Sunset Shimmer said they had come and said I was a spy for the Dazzlings. Applejack had concluded that that meant they had lied to me and what they said was a lie. Then Twilight had pointed out that meant I could help them defeat the Dazzlings. I told them I didn't want to hurt my feelings but that I would think about it. Pinkie said she loved to bake sweets and I gave her a confused look. Sunset Shimmer smiled and said Pinkie Pie said random things at random times. I had gone back in the gym and pretended nothing had happened. 

"N-no. I'm n-not." Mostly, I was afraid because somehow, Adagio could always tell when I was lying. Maybe she knew about the pupil thing. Although she didn't know when Sonata lied and said she didn't know where Adagio's comb was when she had accidentally broken it. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Snowy sneaking up on Adagio's glove and looking at the ruby on it.

Adagio smirked and leaned backwards. Then she just left the house for school with the others. I didn't understand, and couldn't tell if I was more relieved or more confused. I was also kind of worried about my friends. I scooped up Snowy before she could rip Adagio's glove and put her in her cage. 

"Bye, Snowy. Be good. Do not trash my room, and do not play with Adagio's gloves. She will go nuts. I'm pretty sure of that." Snowy purred and fell asleep. I locked the door just to be sure, then ran to school. I found Adagio walking up to my friends. I caught up and glared at her. She smiled sweetly back as if she had no idea what I meant and walked away. Sonata stayed in place and kept looking for something in her bag, which, no surprise, had tacos painted on it. Hmph. "Umm...Sonata, If I give you three tacos, will you not tell Adagio I talked to my friends?" 

Sonata looked deep in thought. "Four."

"Okay."

"Wait no five."

"Sonata."

"Four and three quarters."

"Four and  a half."

"Four and a half and two eighths."

"Four and a half."

"Five."

"SONATA."

"Okay then I'm off to tell Adagio..."

"Ugh. Fine. Five."

Sonata smiled happily and I handed her five tacos.

"What was that all about?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Oh. I have to pay my sister to make sure she keeps her mouth shut."

Pinkie Pie looked confused. "With tacos?"

I nodded in a very matter of fact way.

"So? Will you help us?" Twilight asked. 

Everyone stared at me attentively. 

"Umm...I... They might be evil and trying to take over the school, but they're still my sisters." I said firmly. 

"So...no?" I had a bad feeling about the way I felt like I was being watched.

"I'll try to convince them not to, but there's not really a lot more I can do. Oh, by the way, I wanted to ask you something Pinkie. How does this jam taste?"

Pinkie tasted it, then made a face. "Who made this?!"

I face palmed myself. "Someone with a very bad taste." 

(Time skip)

"I love lunch time!" Sonata cried out. 

"We know you do. It's literally the only thing you've talked about this entire time we've been walking to the Cafeteria." Aria moaned.

"Umm...can I sit with someone else?" I asked when all four of us were sitting down.

Adagio gave me a flat look. "No, you cannot sit with the Rain umm whatever they're called."

"Umm...how did you...?"

Aria looked bored. 

"Did you have a nice conversation with them?" 

I whipped my head back and gave Sonata a dirty look. 

"Those tacos were dry! They didn't count!" Sonata gave me an accusing look. "And I know you stole that jam!"

Aria smirked. "She probably threw it away because it tastes so bad. Just like the punch you made. And the cupcakes. And the brownies. The brownies were the worst." 

Mostly, I didn't care that they were arguing and burning my ears off because they had Adagio's glare now.

"Enough! You two, shut up. You," Adagio turned back to me, "Stop talking to our rivals! I tried to be nice-"

I stood up. "Lying to my friends about me is nice?!" 

Adagio stood up too. "I could have been much worse if I wanted to!"

 The silence of the usually loud room finally hit me and I realized that me and Adagio had been yelling so loudly that the entire Cafeteria had stopped talking to listen. 

"Look what you did?" I said, pointing at the people who were still watching.

Adagio started to leave. "It doesn't matter. I can make them forget." 

Adagio paused to whisper in my ear before she left. "Just like I can make your friends forget you.

I sat back down, holding my head in my hands. I didn't even notice that the Rain booms had sat down at the table with me, until Sunset Shimmer finally said something.

"Umm...you guys seemed really...mad?" She said diplomatically. 

I buried my head in the table. I didn't want anyone to see me if I started crying. 

"Are you okay?" Surprisingly, that as Rainbow Dash. 

I wanted to talk to them. I really did. But her words kept ringing in my ears. I can make them forget you. 

"What were you guys arguing about?"

That was Twilight. I still couldn't talk to them. My words felt trapped in my throat. Suddenly, I sat up. And idea sparked in my head. Adagio said don't talk to them... I pulled out a piece of paper and started writing. They want me to stop talking to you. 

Applejack frowned. "Why can't you talk?"

I shook my head. Adagio said not to TALK to you. I'm not saying anything right now, just writing. I'm pretty sure it will look like that too.

"Oh..."

I saw eyes flashing behind the Cafeteria doors and I zipped an imaginary zipper across my mouth.  The eyes flashed again, then disappeared. I just smirked.