"No, John this is beautiful!" I didn't even realize when tears rolled down my cheeks, and my voice began to shake. "I love it. Thank you very much."

He let out a sigh of relief. "You like it?"

"Of course I do," I exclaimed, nearly jumping on my feet in delight as I rushed to tackle him in a sweeping hug. He wrapped his hands around me, burying his head in the depths of my neck.

"Thank God." He said, his breath hot on my neck. "I don't know what I would I'm have done if you didn't like it."

I laughed, then pulled away to stare at him, holding his face in my hands, his skin soft underneath my palm. "Of course, I would love it. You're amazing."

He laughed too, the sound was light and pure and sounded pleasant in my ears. He pulled back, and then grabbed my palm, clenching it with his.

"Let's look around. I want to see your bedroom."

I smiled as we walked towards the doors that held my room, clenching the painting in my other hand, honestly thankful for his presence in my life.

☕︎

Netflix and chill, that was the idea.

Who would have expected it to turn into something else?

Seated in front of the tv-screen in my apartment, John's hands were buried underneath my tank top, his mouth my skin, and causing unexplainable feelings to erupt inside me as I moaned his name.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Our movie was long forgotten, the sounds coming from the television doing little to drown out the pleasurable sounds we were making. It had only been three days since I moved in and John had not left my side, even though he lived three towns away. Although I was fine with him being here, what didn't sit well with me was this.

The things he was doing to me.

He had soon stopped kissing my mouth, and his lips descended to the skin of my neck and when he always did that, God. My head spun and I tilted my head, giving him more access.

This was too early. This was so wrong.

"John," I called his name, but my voice was just a whisper. I doubted he could even hear me.

"Mhmm." He said back, giving my earlobe a quick bite before he continued his ministrations to my neck again.

I had to stop this before it gets too far. Before we—

I braced my hand on his broad chest and pushed him back with the little strength left in me. He pulled away, confusion etched on his brow.

"Please stop," I said, panting. "Please."

"You don't what this?" He asked, reaching out to kiss me again, but I pushed him back.

"No. That's not it." I replied, trying to steady my breathing and calm my pacing heart. "It's just. We just got into this relationship and I don't want to rush into things."

"How?" He asked, confusion etched in his voice.

Doesn't he get what I'm saying?

I shrugged. "I just don't what to—you know—"

"Oh." He caught on. "You're talking about sex?"

I snapped my eyes shut as the words escaped from his lips, embarrassment burning into my cheeks. "Yes,"

"Oh," he says, then laughs, cocking his head back and then placing it on my shoulder. Then he stops, "You're so cute."

I say nothing, just curling my lips into a thin line.

"But fine. I won't rush you into anything. It's just—" He rose his head up to give me a quick kiss on my lips. "You're so irresistible."

My stomach dipped, then tightened into a thousand knots.

He went on, "It takes all my self-control to stop myself from doing all the things I want to do to you." My breath hitched. "And trust me, love. You have no idea."

Breath sucked away from my lungs as he kissed me again. "God, how am I going to survive living three towns away from you? Do you truly don't want me to move in?"

"No." I found my voice. "You told me you're going to be busy with your dad's company. I don't want to get in the way of that." And besides, the company where I worked was just a stone's throw from here, which cuts down transpiration costs. I know it wouldn't mean anything to John even if he moved here, but I didn't want to interfere and cause trouble for him in the running of his life. "We will be fine."

"Are you sure you'll be able to deal with a long-distant relationship?"

My heart ached in my chest. Although it hurt to realize that I would be away from him, and I would only be seeing him once a week, I had to deal with it. John loved me and I loved him. I was sure that the emotion that we shared would cross so many boundaries, and let us be together no matter the challenges and circumstances we faced.

So I said, "Yes," and then reached out to kiss him.

fin.

*

YOU HAVE MADE IT TO THE END OF CITRUS!  It has honestly been a journey, one I didn't know I'd even embark on, or even reach the end. Thank you for reading John and Bisola's story, reading the book chapter by chapter, and turning the pages to find out a little about mine (incase you skipped straight here without reading. In which case, spoiler alert; everybody dies.)

Thank you for reading this monstrosity of a book I somehow managed to pull out of my ass and made it into something you all enjoyed. It breaks my heart to see this book come to an end, but it was worth it!

Never believed I would end this book with 2k reads (wow!) and 500+ votes, when I believed no one will even click on it when I pressed that publish button. It's been amazing with you guys, seeing your votes and reading your amazing comments that always made my day!

Tell me what you think!

Did you enjoy this book?

Was it worth reading?

Who was your favorite character?

(If any) What is your favorite quote?

Would you like a sequel?

Let me know in the comments ;)

I love you guys so much! Have a blessed day/night❤️.

PS— I will be releasing extra bonus chapters every Friday starting from the 11th of August. Stay tuned!