CHAPTER 10

Playing Wei Zexian's character, Zhou Feng had experienced a quiet and boring life even though it was for a short period of time. The time that he spent with the kids became a core memory that he would often recall throughout his life and he knew that he would recall for many more lives. He even visited the kids and when they grew up, they visited him. Most of all, Shen Rui even started working where Wei Zexian lived. Just so he could visit his teacher more often.

Unexpectedly, even though Wei Zexian lost Xiao Rong, he also had Shen Rui. Just looking at the kid's devotion and love for him, it was enough for Wei Zexian to be content. Without Shen Rui, he would've only suppressed all of his emotions. It was odd and quite uncomfortable but Zhou Feng was content and happy when he left the world. Something he hadn't felt in many lives.

When Zhou Feng opened his eyes, his head sharply turned to the side and his right cheek turned red from the painful slap. It seems that whenever he transmigrates, it's always at the worst time. He has no time to understand the situation or react to it when he hears the girl in front of him cry.

And there goes his serene and content moments of old age. Zhou Feng blanked out for a while, the girl in front of him said many things. He could see her mouth moving but he didn't understand the words spoken to him. It was hard for him to come out of the trance that was induced in his last life. The system was really too cruel. Thrusting him into different worlds, one after the other without a break.

But Zhou Feng was also a master of it and it didn't take him much time to regain his focus. Suppressing all his heartache as he had been doing for so long. And in a few moments he had become the stoic and cold Zhou Feng.

"So heartless," The girl weeped, "It's fine if you don't like me but is it right to say another girl's name like that."

"So what if I'm not Bai Ru, is she the only perfect girl in the world? Why do you worship her so?"

While Zhou Feng remained quiet.

"Don't ever show your face to me."

Then the girl stormed off, with tears in her eyes and reddened ears. Zhou Feng stood in his position, not really understanding the situation. He realised that they had quite a few audience and he was at the receiving end of many hateful stares.

Zhou Feng also quietly slipped away under the eyes of the people who were starting to scatter and walked around the park, in the nearby fountain he bent a little and saw his face. Hmm, although his appearance wasn't as fierce as it had been in the last world, he was outstanding. It was a 10 out of 10, his face still had some baby fat and he could guess that he's in his early twenties and hadn't fully matured, his body was lean but not bulky, he noticed that he was quiet tall as compared to the people walking by him in the park and was content, after inflating his ego for a little while, Zhou Feng stood straight and with a small smirk with fingerprints on his cheek, walking away from the fountain.

No wonder the host was being confessed by other girls, he himself was quite good looking.

He held his throbbing cheek and sat on the chair near the park. He activated his ring to get more information.

So this was the body of a man named Zhen Liang, who had a simple 9-5 job in the advertising team. The company he worked for was well known and had big clients like idol group companies or luxury brands. But he was simply in the advertising team, no, they had many chances to interact with the directors of the ads or even the models but the host had no interest in any of them.

Zhou Feng sighed, of course. It's not these companies or models rather it's the female lead that the host is obsessed with.

Bai Ru, the female lead, who was in the advertising team as him was the object of his affections. During the start of the plot, Bai Ru is only a hard working woman who was good at her job. Her talent and beauty caught the eye of a famous director Luo Wei who was looking for the cast of his upcoming advertising project.

When Luo Wei offered the contract to Bai Ru she accepted it and walked the smooth path of stardom which wasn't taken well by the host. The host would often call her or text her, at first she would be happy to keep in contact with her friend but then he would call her frequently and if she didn't pick up the phone he'd be aggressive and demanded why she wasn't available. This kind of behaviour creeped her out and finally she blocked him. The host had become obsessive, he acted as if Bai Ru was his girlfriend. Even calling her from different numbers.

While the host was harassing the female lead, Bai Ru was getting close to Qian Kang, a rather successful newbie in the showbiz. Bai Ru seemed pitiful and Qian Kang felt sympathy for her as she seemed troubled by her friend who kept harassing and decided to do something about the man.

Apart from Zhen Liang, Bai Ru had many obstacles, her co-actors who were jealous of her relationship with Qian Kang. One of the co-actresses was Lu Xia, she was one of the highest paid celebrities and also had secretly dated Qian, felt insecure and often tried to sabotage Bai Ru's image.

In the celebrity World there was one unspoken rule, if you want the hearts of everyone, you have to give up yours. It simply means that those under the spotlight cannot have a relationship or rather should not have one, it reduces their overall fanbase because fans tend to crush on the ones that are single and feel that the ones in relationship are taken away from them.

It's just why most celebrities don't date until they've retired from the industry or at the age of 40 when they're mostly given side roles and new roles kept for young and beautiful people with more vigor.

Seeing Bai Ru always talk to someone on her phone, Lu Xia decided to reveal her secret to everyone. If this upcoming actress will have a boyfriend then she won't have much growth in the industry, Lu Xia wanted to nip the bud before it grew and so she exposed Bai Ru's phone call though secretly and instead of finding out her boyfriend, it was revealed that a middle aged man harassed Bai Ru by calling her again and again and the man was arrested.

Zhou Feng was confused. It didn't mention how Lu Xia revealed the phone calls and secondly, he wasn't an old man. He'd say, the host is only in his twenties. How this beautiful youth turned obsessive was something he couldn't figure out.

Well anyways, Qian Kang found out who leaked the phone calls and even thanked Lu Xia himself for helping the female lead. Then the male lead and the female lead started dating openly and was accepted by the public, going against every one of Lu Xia's views. After that Lu Xia was discarded as cannon fodder, not having much of a role in the plot after that.

He was at a time where Bai Ru has been given a side role in a movie and although she wasn't very famous, she was getting recognized.
.
.
.
.
AUTHOR'S NOTE :

So, what do you think about the new arc? I will have so much fun writing about celebrities, I can really go wild with the compliments for our protagonist.

Did I end the last arc too abruptly?

Anyways, let me bless your eyes 💕