Chapter 57- Into the Deep End

Magsimula sa umpisa

Ozai's airship started to smoke and then crashed after another blast of fire struck it from a rock pillar.

"What just happened?" I questioned, bewildered by the unexpected turn of events.

Excitedly, Sokka shouted, "It's Aang! He's back!"

I immediately grabbed the spyglass from Sokka to confirm his claim, and indeed, it was Aang.

Sokka snatched the spyglass back, "Focus on the wheel, Venus!"

As we approached the scene, we witnessed the epic battle between Aang and the Fire Lord. Aang's airbending collided with Ozai's firebending, resulting in a fiery explosion.

Through the broken window of the airship cabin, Sokka, Toph and I watched in awe.

"Go, Aang! Airbending slice!" Sokka cheered, mimicking the movement with his hand.

"Shouldn't we be helping him?" I asked, concerned for Aang's well-being.

"The Fire Lord is Aang's fight." Sokka replied. "We need to stay focused on stopping that fleet from burning down the Earth Kingdom."

"And how do we do that, Captain Boomerang?" Toph retorted sarcastically. "I can't see outside of this floating hunk of metal."

Sokka grinned, coming up with an idea. He took control of the wheel and pulled some levers, steering the airship.

"Airship slice!" Sokka exclaimed, excitingly sharing his plan with Toph and me.

Toph blankly stared as I rose my eyebrow at Sokka.

Sokka spun the wheel, banking the airship towards the left end of the airship fleet behind it. The firebenders on the platforms began to firebend in unison, causing chaos and flames below.

Toph stared down at the chaos through the cabin's shattered window. "Whoa. That's a lot of fire, isn't it."

Sokka steadied the airship, pulling another lever that caused the engine to rupture and explode.

"It's gonna be a rough ride! We need to get to the top of this thing, fast," Sokka gritted his teeth in determination.

Sokka grabbed Toph's hand, and they ran to the exit. I followed not too far behind. Sokka and I stopped at the doorway, as Toph continued running on.

Responding to Sokka's last comment, I asked. "Then what?"

"Watch each other's backs, and if we make it that far, I'll let you know."

Sokka and I shared a quick kiss before going on, catching up with Toph, we climbed up a ladder, racing to reach the top of the airship.

Suddenly, the floor beneath us destroyed just as Sokka reached the top, but we managed to make it out safely. With adrenaline pumping through our veins, we emerged onto the top of the airship through a hatch, Sokka held Toph's hand guiding her.

The airship was still flying through the fleet, but slowly demolishing itself in process. Toph, Sokka and I raced toward the front of the airship. Suddenly, just as we were getting to our destination, part of the airship fell off, separating me from Toph and Sokka.