SCHOOL. DANCE (pt 1)

Start from the beginning

"He doesn't...I don't like him, he's just my bestfriend," Charles explains although it didn't convince Noel.

"Right...and that's what Mia said," Noel rolls his eyes which made Charles groan irritatingly.

"Yes, and she didn't like me like that. Just a friend, like how I like Jiwon," Charles continues.

"Yeah, and what do you like about Jiwon, as a friend?" Noel asks while heavily stating the words 'as a friend'.

Charles paused and was hesitant to answer, but seeing how Noel looked determined he had no choice.

"Well...he's actually fun to be around when you get to know him more. The closer you are to him, the more he opens up to you. He's very patient too, one time I was late to the event he wanted to go and he had to wait for me so we could line up together, but the line lasted more than an hour, but he wasn't even mad at me.

He's also very understanding, every time I have a problem, we talk about it, and he would listen to me rant on and on, and he would talk about his problems and we would comfort each other. We also have sleepovers, we play our favourite games, and watch our favourite shows."

He continues to talk about Jiwon. "Oh! And one time, we went to a cat cafe and it was hilarious because he wanted to pet the cats but they were all afraid of him, he was so upset but he was determined, so he tried to stand still and pretend to be a cat pole. Then-" Charles pauses and realises what he had just done.

He put his hand on his mouth as Noel smirked cunningly at him.

"Anything more?" Noel asks with a grin on his face while Charles glared in disbelief.

"Damn it," Charles mutters out and slapped his palm on his face. "I really said all that,"

"And you were going to say.... a lot more," Noel points out.

"Okay, and it still doesn't prove anything," Charles persuaded with disagreement.

"Who's the most good-looking guy you know?" Noel asks.

"..." Charles went silent, Noel could see him trying to think of someone else.

"Ah! Five seconds, gone!" Noel says before Charles could answer.

"I didn't even say anything!" Charles continues to oppose.

"Yeah! But you were definitely thinking of Jiwon first! You were trying to think of someone else!" Noel points at Charles which made him flustered, knowing that he has exposed him.

"What are you both talking about?" They both turn to see Jiwon standing idly in front of them.

"Nothing!" Charles yelled out in a daze of panic, Noel gave him a hard nudge on the shoulder which made him wince in silence. "I mean...we were talking about..." Charles tried to think of a topic.

"The dance!" Noel exclaims which made them look at him confusingly.

"The school dance next week," Noel says again with his eyes half-lidded.

"Ohh," Charles and Jiwon said together in unison.

"You guys got partners yet?" Noel asked them again. They both look at each other for a second until one of them replied.

"Nope," Charles said with his arms crossed. "You? Let me guess, Pockey," he said with a smile which made Noel blush.

Noel didn't answer and just nodded slowly.

"I heard Joni's going with some dude named Mikeal, while Emilia's going with Corey. I didn't know they allowed guests from outside," Noel continues the conversation about the school dance.