Close. or just friends ?

Note: Mr Forest finds out that Charles and Jiwon are in a relationship.

After: school. dance scenario.

*****

"It feels all so nostalgic," Mia says wistfully as they leisurely wander around the familiar compounds of Sacred Primary School. Joni and Emilia, sharing the sentiment, nod in silent agreement, their hearts filled with fond memories of their younger years. Slowly strolling through the school's serene outdoors, they soak in the nostalgic ambience, relishing the subtle charm of nostalgia intertwined with the school's evident transformations.

"Should we go meet the teachers?" Emilia asks, her eyes flicking to her wristwatch in a fleeting moment of practicality.

"No," Mia responds, her expression firm as she shakes her head decisively. "Charles just mentioned that he's on his way here, so let's take a moment and wait for him."

"With Jiwon?" Joni questions playfully, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

"Of course!" Mia chuckles warmly.

While in the midst of a conversation, a soft and distant voice suddenly interjects, calling out to the group of girls with a friendly "Hey!" Startled, the girls turn to see Charles waving at them, with Jiwon walking closely behind him. 

Not too far off, Joni playfully masks her greeting with humour, chiming in with a mischievous "Hey, gays!" In response, Charles lets out an amused eye roll at Joni's jest, unable to contain a small snicker. "Hello," Jiwon responds with a warm smile, holding onto Charles's hand.

As they continued their journey towards the teacher's office, Emilia's memory seemed to guide them in the right direction as she confidently gestured towards the entrance to another part of the school. The group, their steps echoing in the corridors, followed Emilia's lead as they weaved through the bustling halls, drawing glances from the young students milling about. 

Charles observed the curious stares, pondering whether they stemmed from admiration or intrigue about their presence there. His attention was momentarily diverted by the whispers and comments about his boyfriend, Jiwon.

"Look how handsome he is!"

"Could he be a celebrity?"

The voices swirled around Charles, stirring a sense of pride within him, causing a faint smile to play on his lips as he squeezed Jiwon's hand affectionately in response. Feeling the increased pressure in his grip, Jiwon hummed inquisitively, as Charles drew closer to him.

"What's on your mind?" Jiwon questioned, intrigued by Charles' subtle actions.

Chuckling softly, Charles replied, "Oh, nothing," with a mischievous wink.

The chorus of admiration gradually faded as they traversed further, replaced by a shift in the surrounding atmosphere. Unexpectedly, a disapproving comment reached Charles' ears, casting a shadow over the moment.

"Why are they holding hands?"

The disdainful tone behind the question hinted at an underlying discomfort among the young students. Charles grasped the unspoken truth that, to them, witnessing 'two boys' displaying affection in such a manner was a rare occurrence.

This realization stirred a familiar ache within him, a reminder of the challenges they often encountered when expressing their love openly.

Contemplating the unspoken judgment in the air, Charles cautiously loosened his grip on Jiwon's hand, seeking a balance between their intimacy and the surrounding gaze. Maintaining a subtle distance, his gaze shifted downward, avoiding the prying eyes that lingered on them.