The Demon Doctor and her Assistant

Start from the beginning

"Not to the extent of eating their flash, I and Yushiro survive by drinking blood."

"But then isn't it difficult for you to treat humans-" Muichiro slapped his hand on her mouth, he gestured towards Yushiro who was overflowing with an alarming amount of bloodlust.

"Yushiro." Yushiro sat back calmly with his back straight, and  Muichiro removed his hand from Nezuko's mouth. "As for your question young lady.."

"It's not that difficult, at least not for me but for other demons.." Tamayo looked at her hands and continued,

"My body's physiology has gone through considerable changes and I have removed Kibutsuji's curse."

"Kibutsuji's curse.?" Nezuko questioned curiously.

"Muzan places a curse on all demons that have assimilated his blood. If any demon divulges his last name 'Kibutsuji' out loud, the curse activates, which causes their bodies to stop regenerating and allows Muzan's cells inside the demon to take over and kill them, regardless of their original intent." Nezuko was shocked upon hearing about the curse and thought 'But why would he want to kill his people?'

Nezuko also realized something at that moment, "But I have said Muzan's last name multiple times, and yet I am alive, does that mean I somehow also broke his curse." Tamayo stared at the demon girl for a moment before speaking,

"That is indeed correct." Her response litted flames of happiness inside Nezuko's mind. "You were talking about changes, but what kind of changes?

"As I was saying, I made several adjustments to our bodies so that, we could continue living without needing to harm any human beings. We can survive on just a small amount of human blood."

"Blood..." Muichiro uttered calmly.

"I understand if you find it distasteful.... but I buy it from those in poverty. I tell them I'll use it for transfusion. But, of course, I never take enough blood to impair anyone."

"And Yushiro needs even less blood than I do, since I am the one who turned him into a demon."

"Huh? You turned him into a demon?" That confused Muichiro for as much as he knew, only Muzan and the upper caliber of the twelve kizukis can turn a human into a demon. Tamayo definitely wasn't an Upper Moon, so that aroused the question.

"You might wanna know, how I did it. As far as anyone knows, Kibutsuji and the Upper caliber of the Twelve Kizuki can turn a human into a demon and that's more or less accurate. It took me over 200 years, and, after all that, I could only turn Yushiro into a demon."

"2-200 years!" Nezuko was shocked upon hearing the amount of time it took Tamayo to turn just one human into a demon.

"It took you 200 years to figure out how to turn just one human into a demon?! Just how old are you, Miss. Tamayo?!" Muichiro just in time blocked the oncoming punch to Nezuko's guts by Yushiro.

"YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER AS A LADY, TO NOT ASK ANOTHER LADY HER AGE DAMNIT!!!" Yushiro tried punching her a few more times but all of them were blocked by Muichiro.

"Yushiro, if you try hitting any of them again, I'll make you regret it."

"Yes, Mam." Yushiro retracted back to his original spot. 'She is beautiful even when she is angry.'

"I am sorry. I'd like to clarify further. Creating more demons is not my goal. And I only do so when necessary, the terminally ill or injured only when they won't survive. And, even in those cases, I always ask in advance if they would truly prefer to live life as a demon."

Muichiro stared at her for some moments and pondered on if he should truly trust her. He could tell enough from their conversations that she wasn't lying to him about anything, and then there was Yoriichi's testimony regarding her too.