"I'm sorry, did you see here a short girl coming from that cabin?" Niki asked and pointed their cabin.

"Mm.. actually yeah, she went to the woods. I don't know why." One of the girls answered.

Woods? Why would she go there?

"Alright thanks." He thanked and went back inside.

Whatever I bet she took at least a flashlight or a map with her

Niki again got comfortable on the sofa and kept watching the TV.

-

Oh my god.. Where the hell is the camp?

While taking a step Hitomi tripped over a root, because she couldn't really see where she was stepping on.

"Ouch.." She caressed her ankle whining in pain, while sitting on the cold ground. Tears started falling from her eyes, as she thought about the worst that could happen. She gave up and sat besides a log and hugged her legs.

I'll just wait till the sunrise, If I haven't frozen to death or got eaten by a bear before that

She saw something white approaching her. It was the cat she chased earlier.

"Oh, hi. Now you came to me." She petted the cat on it's head, when it came close enough. The cat ruffled her fur on Hitomi's leg.

"I lost the way.. Are you lost too?" She asked the cat in a trembling voice. The cat just meowed and started licking her paws. Hitomi sighed and rested her face on her knees.

-

Niki watched the television for 30 minutes and looked at the time.

00.14

Why is she so late there? Or, what if she's.. Lost..

He thought for a while, but then grapped the flashlight from a counter and rushed outside. The girls were no longer in the campfire and there was really quiet.

"Hitomi!" He shouted, while hiking into the woods and began to look for her.

-

"Hitomi!"

Hitomi heard a voice from afar.

Now I start even hallucinating.. Maybe I'll actually die here. At least I'm not alone.

She faced the cat next to her that was comfortably laying on the ground with Hitomi petting it.

"Hitomi!"

She heard the voice again, but now closer and she saw light from her left. She directed her eyes there and saw a tall figure.

"Niki?" She inquired uncertainly with a trembling voice, making sure she wasn't actually hallucinating.

"There you are!" Niki rushed to the girl who was sitting on the ground, looking pale and with teary eyes. He crouched in front of her and observed her small frame.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Niki asked in wonder, while softening his voice.

"Why did you come here.." Hitomi inquired in weariness and another tear fell from her eye.

"Why would you come here so late! And with no light nor a phone!"

"I didn't mean to, I followed this cat and got lost.." She cried. Niki took her hand and caressed it to feel it's temperature.

"You're ice cold. Let's go back. Don't cry." He said in a gentler tone and rose up, still holding her hand in his to help her up.

Hitomi immediately rose up by his grip. Niki let go of her hand and started walking. Hitomi wiped off her tears and followed him.

Why did he came? I thought he hated me..

"Are you okay? You're limping." Niki asked.

"Mmh?" Hitomi looked up to him. She forgot how her ankle was still sore and made it hard to walk. "It's alright."

"Hop on." Niki crouched in front of her, motioning her to get on his back.

"No! I'm really okay. I can walk." She was taken aback by his sudden kindness.

Why is he so nice now? Or maybe I'm just a burden if I walk too slow

"I said get on, why are you arguing against me?" He raised his voice in displease.

"Fine.." She replied barely for him to hear. Hitomi climbed on his back locking her hands on the top of his chest.

"Hold this." He gave her the flashlight to hold.