Chapter 10: 'don't let me be misunderstood' ★

song of the chapter ~ don't let me be misunderstood

~ matt sturniolo ~

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

the sun was peaking in through the blinds and an open window was softly blowing them around. bella's eyes fluttered open to a room she had only really seen a few times, her headache stopped her from sitting up so she stayed staring at the ceiling, remembering the occurences from the night before. she felt like shit to say the least, the last thing she remembered was the sounds of chloe and the triplets getting into the car as her eyes shut.

she could smell her breath from just breathing out and it smelt like cigarettes and even now she still felt erik's lasting touch on her, she just couldn't get it off of her, it haunted her like a ghost. her mind snapped back to what she was doing in his bed. in matt's bed. if this was her on a normal day and she found out she was in matt sturniolo's bed, she would've freaked out. but considering the circumstances as to why she was in it, she was actually dreading it. he was the only person who actually knew why she smoked and why she chose to drink just last night.

looking down she realised she was still in her dress but instead of it being the only thing she was wearing, matt's hoodie seemed to cover her upper half, it was one of his black hoodies she'd seen him wear in a few videos, even now that she quite literally felt like dying, her stomach did a somersault after she realised what he had done for her. i mean he had drove her straight here after everything that happened, put her in his own bed and put his hoodie on her, he must've slept on the couch downstairs just so she could sleep on his bed.

eventually after a few minutes she realised she actually needed to get up, to actually start the day no matter how much she didn't want to, she had school tomorrow she needed to sort herself out.  her mind couldn't escape last night's event, her hips felt sore where erik had grabbed her and her head seemed to reciprocate the pain. she stood up, a state of dizziness sweeping over her, nick could be heard faintly talking to someone, probably matt or chris. her phone laid on matt's dresser, she picked it up, already knowing she'd have a bunch of missed calls.

she swiped to unlock her phone, opening her sisters messages

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

{imessage}

ella: ella💘🤍

bella: bel 💕

ella💘🤍

bel are you okay?

matt texted me

bel 💕

i'm fine dw

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

she really wasn't fine, and ella could always tell if she was or wasn't but bella really couldn't be bothered with telling her what happened, she didn't want to relive it. she was hoping none of the triplets would see her so she'd be able to sneak out , not in a rude way or anything she just really couldn't deal with human interaction.

the door slightly creaked open and she made her way down the stairs, treading lightly, the tv was on downstairs so someone must have been watching something. just as she reached the bottom of the stairs, matt was heading towards them. shit. "hey." was all matt said, giving her a warm smile. "hi." there was a few seconds of awkward silence."are you okay, d'you need anything?" bella's heart melted in that moment, he really did make it seem like he cared, she wasn't sure if he actually did but at least he was trying. she couldn't help but wrap her arms around him, burying her face into his chest. "thank you." was all she managed to say, she didn't need to say anymore.

"you don't need to thank me." matt returned the hug, he felt better knowing she was safe in his arms then anyone else's, especially erik's. he couldn't fathom the thought of him touching bella, "i do." she let go of the hug, wincing as matt's arms brushed past her hips when releasing from the hug. erik must have held her tighter then she thought. "i'll be back." she ran up into the toilet, locking the door before lifting her dress up to see the damage.

her hips were slightly red where erik's hands had marked her, it really wasn't that bad, was it? a knock on the door made her jump as matt's voice called out from behind it. "bella are you okay?" shit. she panicked and pulled her dress back down, trying to pretend like everything was normal. "Yeah." she unlocked the door, nerves coursing through her. "let me drive you home." as happy as she felt when matt was being nice, she was also pissed off that he couldn't choose whether he hated her or liked her. it was strange how one minute she was hugging him and the next minute she felt like never speaking to him again.

"where's nick?" nick was always an easy person to talk to, "in his room why."

"i need to talk to him."

"you can talk to me." bella started walking to nick's room before matt stepped in front of her, blocking her way. "no i can't."

"what do you mean."

"i can't talk to you, i need to talk to nick." she tried pushing past him but he definitely wasn't going to move. "fuck, you really don't trust me enough do you?"

"where the fuck did you get that from." bella really wasn't in the mood for an argument right now, she was already in pain she didn't need anything else. "i fucking helped you get here, i made sure you were safe, i tried helping you and you can't even talk to me when i'm the reason you're here right now."

" well i'm sorry i needed help and i'm very thankful that you did all this but you are one of the most confusing people i have ever met and excuse me for saying this but i'm getting kind of sick of you telling me to fuck off one moment and then holding my hand." matt was just left stunned, he hadn't intended to give her mixed feelings, but he barley knew how he felt himself. she drove him crazy, he hated that about her, she just made him want to drive straight into a brick wall.

"it's just.."
"what matt?" bella's eyes stayed on his the whole time, not leaving his face for a second. "nothing." he really couldn't bring himself to tell her just how much he liked her. he knew she was already going through a lot at the moment and adding to it would have made everything worse. sighing, he let her walk past him as he heard nicks door open. what was he going to do?

i'm so sorry if this chapter wasn't of high standards i literally just didn't know how to write today 😞
- ieva