49 ✥ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙺 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍

Start from the beginning

“You gave Mr. Malfoy quite a fright, Harry,” said Lupin snapping Harry out of his thoughts.

Harry's attention shifted and he stared. Lying in a crumpled heap on the ground were Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, and Marcus Flint, the Slytherin team Captain, all struggling to remove themselves from long, black, hooded robes.

It looked as though Malfoy had been standing on Goyle’s shoulders. Standing over them, with an expression of the utmost fury on her face, was Professor McGonagall.

“An unworthy trick!” she was shouting. “A low and cowardly attempt to sabotage the Gryffindor Seeker! Detention for all of you, and fifty points from Slytherin! I shall be speaking to Professor Dumbledore about this, make no mistake! Ah, here he comes now!”

Professor McGonagall took the Slytherins with her.

"Well, we were here to check whether the dementors enter the school premises despite several warnings," Crystal said, "Now that we're done, we will take our leave—"

Lupin suddenly snorted a laugh looking at her poker face.

"Are you okay, sir?" Harry asked confused.

"I'm f-fine, it's just hilarious—" He let out a small chuckle. "It was hilarious seeing Crystal swinging that branch like a sword at them. She beat them up," Lupin pointed at a moderate-sized branch of a tree lying nearby. Crystal looked away pressing her lips together.

"And she got away from detention from McGonagall saying she was scared of dementor and did it as self-defence." Zachary added looking at Crystal with a smirk, "Who knew you'd turn this opportunity to your satisfaction huh, Crysie?"

Crystal rolled her eyes.

"And Minne—Professor McGonagall believed it? I doubt it." Harry asked half amused and half shocked but he was grinning from ear to ear as he looked at Crystal trying to keep her expressions straight.

"Of course, she didn't but she thinks they deserved it too so she overlooked it," said Lupin laughing.

"Amazing, I wanted to watch him getting beaten too," said Harry in amazement.

"Next time, mate." said Zachary thumping his back, "We'll get a lot of chances because I don't think Crystal will stop rebelling against me anytime soon even if I beg her to look out for her public image."

"Oh god, all you do is nag me these days! If no one saw it and McGonagall thinks they deserved that then it's okay!" said Crystal rolling her eyes and left. Zachary followed her nagging her again and Crystal started to run covering her ears and Zachary chased after her not giving up.

Harry and Lupin laughed at the two. If anything could have set the seal on Gryffindor’s victory, it was this, Malfoy.

“Come on, Harry!” said George, fighting his way over. “Party! Gryffindor common room, now!"

“Right,” said Harry, and feeling happier than he had in ages, he and the rest of the team led the way, still in their scarlet robes, out of the stadium and back up to the castle.

It felt as though they had already won the Quidditch Cup; the party went on all day and well into the night.

Fred and George Weasley disappeared for a couple of hours and returned with armfuls of bottles of butterbeer, pumpkin fizz, and several bags full of Honeydukes sweets.

“How did you do that?” squealed Angelina Johnson as George started throwing Peppermint Toads into the crowd.

“With a little help from Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs,” Fred muttered in Harry’s ear.