I cupped his cheek with my right hand and gently placed a peck on his lips. "You're overreacting, Parker. I'm sure the problem lies with me. You know how it ended between him and I... I told you the day we got married." I looked away.

Parker looks down, a melancholy expression founds its way to his usual non-expressive face.

"I know. I'm just worried the guilt you might be feeling over his death is consuming you," he pauses as if hesitating. "Don't you know I know about those scars you keep on hiding?"

My face fell. I could feel my heart racing.

Paano niya nalaman 'yon?

"Anong pinagsasabi mo..." I tugged my long sleeve robes around my wrist to hide the evidence, which only made him scoff a little.

"I've known and studied every inch of your body Sophia, so how could I not notice it when you began wearing long sleeves? How I'd find dried blood stains on the sleeves of your blouse? How you've been taking multiple sleeping pills every night for two months. How... you secretly book appoints to the doctor without telling me, Tan or Kryz." sabi niya.

Ahh... 'yon na. Sinabi na niya na ang lahat ng hinala niya.

Alam kong malalaman at mahahalata na ni Parker ang kinikilos ko. Hindi bobo ang asawa ko. Pero ang hindi ko lang inakala ay ganon pala siya ka attentive.

I should've known. After all, my husband isn't a provincial governor for nothing.

"You don't have to worry... I won't do it again. I swear." I said.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, his jaw clenching at my blatant lie. "I love you, Sophia, but I can't trust you. You're constantly worrying me."

Pakiramdam ko may namumuong bato sa lalamunan ko. Nahihirapan akong lumunok at huminga. Ang katawan ko na nilalamig ay mas nanlalamig sa sobrang kaba.

Alam kong 'di niya ako titigilan hangga't malaman niya na ayos lang ako. Batid ko namang hindi lang siya ang nakakahalata ng gawi ko. Lahat ng mga nakakatrabaho niya sa opisina. Bodyguard namin. Si Chef Juno. My in-laws. Pamilya ko. Kaibigan ko. At lalo na ang mga anak ko.

"Let's go to the doctor together, okay? I need to know what you're feeling so that I'll know how to help you. So please," he took my hand and brought it to his lips. "Don't hurt yourself anymore okay?"

I looked at his eyes and I could see the genuine worry and sadness in it. There was something laced on his eyes, too. However, I couldn't pin-point the feeling behind it. In the end, I agreed to his request. It'll be for the best.

He smiled weakly and brought me closer to his chest. With his chest bare, I could feel his warmth enveloping me. And together with the warmth that slowly crept up my own cold one, his pounding heartbeat slows down with mine.

"GOOD AFTERNOON, Mrs. Cojuangco," narinig kong pagbati ni Loisa, ang personal assistant ko. "Ma'am, bakit hindi mo po ako tinawagan? Sana pinasundo kita kay Manong Hector."

I greeted her with a smile as I closed the door of my office. "It's okay, Loisa. Si Parker naman naghatid sa'kin. We had a prior appointment today kaya he decided to drop me off on his way to the office."

At the corner of my eye, I caught Loisa covering her mouth as she giggles. Lihim din akong napangiti.

"Nako, Ma'am. Mahal na mahal ka po talaga ni Sir Parker, 'no? Siguro sobrang mahal ka niya kasi ang bait-bait mo, talentado pa, maganda at sexy-sexy rin! Aba, jackpot na si Sir!" She said enthusiastically.

Bahagya namang uminit ang pisngi ko. I cooled my cheeks using the back of my hand.

"Binobola mo na naman ako, Loisa. O siya, tama na 'yan! Let me see today's agenda," I ordered. She quickly hands me the set of clipboards and folders she's been carrying since I arrived.