Chapter 15

An hour seemed like a week to James and Penny as they waited for Gabrielle to show signs of waking up. At the exact moment that the hour was up Gabrielle opened her eyes to see James looking out her room window. She could see he was deep in thought. Deciding to use her powers she focused, and could see she was what was on his mind.

"You know it is not nice to poke and prod in peoples head without their permission." He said as he rushed to her side and grabbed her in an embrace. "You made me so worried about my love. What happened?"

"My head started throbbing and before I could call out to you, I blacked out."

"Maybe we should get a head scan ordered then." Penny spoke up as she walked in.

"Granny! You're here."

"Of course, I am here. I have been here; I just went to get a cup of coffee. You could not sleep for two minutes and had to wake up when I left the room. "She said jokingly and leaned over and kissed the top of her head, "but I am glad you are better."

"Thanks. So how long have I been out of it?"

"Just a little over an hour."

"It seemed longer."

"You are never allowed to leave my side, and if you do that will be because Penny is at your side. I am ordering an electronic medical bracelet that will notify me when anything is not normal. Whether it be that your pulse dropped one beat a minute for no reason at all or your temperature is one degree above normal."

"Isn't that a little bit extreme?"

"Until you are immortal then the answer will always be no." James said. "I love you too much to risk anything.

"Aww, I love you too, Frizzell."

"Frizzell?" Penny asked looking around the room, "Who is Frizzell?"

"I am, or at least I was at one point. "James spoke up. "I have never told her that name, so she must have had another dream of her past life."

"When were you Frizzell?" Penny asked.

"When I was called Hannah." Gabrielle answered before he could answer her.

"Is there anything else you know now that you didn't know before you blacked out?"

"Yes, a whole bunch of stuff to be exact."

"Anything you want to share?"

"Not here."

"Why not?"

"I remember every moment from every past life. Right now, I don't trust that I can say what I want without thinking someone might be listening. So, if James could get the doctor to discharge me, we can talk as soon as we get to your place."

"Is there something wrong with my place?"

"Can you just get me out of here and I will explain everything, I promise love."

"Give me a few minutes and I will have the doctor handing you your papers." James said and left the room feeling even more worried than he had when he arrived.

"So, are you going to tell me the real reason you wanted James to leave the room?"

"I don't want to get his hopes up, but I may know a way to break his curse."

"Which curse would that be? The immortal curse, or the one where he is doomed to keep losing you?"

"Maybe both. But I will need your help, and he doesn't need to find out until we are sure we found a solution that will work."