Thanks to my sending out invitations to the birthday party all over the place, about 300 of the guests who came to the Palace of Versailles are of commoner origin. Right now, the students from the military engineering school standing diagonally across from me are also among them. The military engineering school is somewhat comparable to Japan's Ground Self-Defense Force High Technical School. It is a specialized military school that fosters officers and focuses on the military curriculum.

In addition to preparing them to become future defenders of France, this school's nature emphasizes the importance of calculations and other technical aspects. As such, it's a school that only admits students who excel academically. It is also one of the elite national schools. Due to these factors, those who can enter this school are not only good at physical activities but also excel in their studies. I had a meeting with Monsieur Gaspard Monge, a noble and a mathematician occasionally heard of in the French Academy of Sciences, who served as a supervising instructor at this school.

"Hello, are you Monsieur Gaspard Monge?"

"Yes! Your Majesty...! Thank you for the invitation. Not only for me but also for extending the invitation to the students at the school."

"Well, I actually wanted to invite all the students, but... with so many people here, I thought some might feel lost. I'll invite everyone again on another occasion."

"Oh my! Your consideration is truly impressive, Your Majesty... Now, come on, greet His Majesty."

"""Thank you very much, Your Majesty!"""

Monsieur Gaspard Monge encouraged the students to greet me. They all immediately straightened up and bowed their heads in gratitude. As expected, their military school training seemed to have instilled discipline in them. I shook hands with each of the students.

I believe that such efforts will bear fruit in the future. There are still 15 minutes left until the dance begins. The time for the dance performance is finally approaching. It seems that the time has come for Antoinette and me to dance together after a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a dance session, so this is my first post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(107)

"Cyber"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your patience. We will now commence the social dance. Please join us with enthusiasm."

The stage for social dancing is set. I've practiced properly too, you know. I can't afford to make a fool of myself here. Since it's not an intense dance performance, as long as I've had some basic training, I shouldn't make any mistakes. Unless someone unexpectedly interferes, there shouldn't be any issues!

"Hmm? Is it already time to dance...?"

"Lord Auguste, would you like to dance?"

"Of course, it's a rare opportunity, so let's dance together."

"Of course!"

And so, I ended up dancing with Antoinette right away. The music begins to play, a gentle tune called "Minuet," famous as a French folk dance. Before coming here and hearing it played live, I only knew this song from some TV commercials. But it's said to be a piece of Baroque music that was often played during the reign of Louis XIV, with many gentle and graceful melodies.