Dany I - A City of Dreams and Chains

Start from the beginning

"You need help."

Lyria hissed when suddenly the soaked rag touched her skin exactly where the slave driver hit her.

"It could infect and you'll get sick fast. I don't want that."

"Val , you're sweet. But don't destroy your own dress for me. It would be hard to ask them for a new one."

"I don't care. You're always there for me. Let me take care of you now."

An annoyed hush came from another slave that wished to sleep in silence. Val moved closer to Lyria's ear, speaking more in whispers now.

"I might be younger but I'm capable of a few things too. Don't shut me out, Ria."

Lyria sighed and nodded.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just want to keep you save." Lyria whispered.

From behind Val put her arms around her sister's neck in a hug. The older one closed her eyes for the moment, appreciating of having her sister with her.

Later on they both lay side by side on the hard floor, Lyria having a protective arm around Val who cuddled up like a kitten. She clung to her and the whispered promise to be free one day, finding solace in the sisterly love that bound then together. Underneath the weight of their shackles, they clung to their dreams of a better life, a life where they were not defined by their chains. In the darkness they dared to dream of a future beyond Qarth, a future where they could rise like dragons and reclaim their destiny.

🔥🐉🔥

T

he moon shines brightly in the sky, illuminating the landscape below. Lyria looks around in wonder. Her slave quarters are gone but she finds herself standing on a hilltop overlooking the vast expanses of land. It is not Qarth, nor Essos at all. These lands are green and full of life instead. Westeros? Lyria thinks of the tales she used to hear from merchants and travellers about the Seven Kingdoms.

Suddenly, a shadow falls upon her, and she looks up to behold a magnificent dragon with scales as dark as night. The dragon soars gracefully through the sky, its wings beating with immense power. As it passes over Westeros, flames spew forth from its jaws, setting the lands ablaze. Lyria's heart raced with a mix of awe and fear as she witnessed the sheer might and majesty of the dragon.

🔥🐉🔥

With a gasp of air Lyria sat up, wide awake and sweating. She tried to calm her beating heart and focused on her breathing as she put a hand right over her chest. Val stirred next to her, eyelids fluttering open.  The younger sister yawned.

"Ria?" she muttered, "Something wrong?"

"No, it's fine. Get back to sleep. It's still early and you'll need the rest." Lyria whispered and lay down again so her sister wouldn't worry. What a strange dream, Lyria thought. But what could it mean?

🔥🐉🔥

On the next day it was the same procedure they had to go through, collecting the scraps from the marketplace and keeping it clean overall. Today only Val carried a basket while Lyria was given the broom to sweep all the trash together.

The older girl's knees trembled, barely visible but Val noticed it. She was there when they called her sister to the Spice Kings chambers in the morning. He took a liking for Lyria ever since he had her the first time. She was young, not ugly at all and she obeyed.