𝐢𝐯. love game.

Start from the beginning

"conrad she's still your family" skye says to him, hopeful that he'll stop being as rude as he is.

"then why is she doing this to us?" he questions them.

skye shrugs their shoulders and says "this is hard for her too."

"really? seems like she's doing this pretty fucking easily" he bites back, once again.

conrad walks away, and then i head up too, to see if belly and steven are up yet.

when i walk upstairs i notice that belly's awake, but steven's still asleep.

i go to my room to get clothes to get in the shower.

after i'm out of the shower, i'm standing by the door drying my hair when steven walks up to me in rocket ship pajamas. i laugh out loud and he points to his phone, signaling that he's on the phone.

i shake my head and whisper "what are you wearing right now?"

steven pulls the phone away from his ear and covers the microphone before whispering "i forgot mine ok, and these were the only ones left in the drawer" i giggle and he continues "and they're fucking comfortable ok."

"why are you whispering right now?" i question him.

"cause laurel" he says, still covering the microphone.

i then hear laurel on the other line say "is that bella?"

"uh, yes, it's bella" he says to his mom.

after a few seconds steven ends the phone call with his mother and says "love you, thank you, bye!"

"you're so stupid, i was literally spending the night at your house like a day ago, why are you trying to act like you're with no one?" i ask him, giggling as he walks away, smiling and rolling his eyes playfully.

i then head to belly's room to talk to her about what happened this morning

----------

a little while later, me, steven and jere are in the kitchen eating breakfast when conrad and belly come in.

"aunt julia said the ac is broken" conrad says to us.

"yeah, no shit, it's hot in here" i joke as steven lets out a chuckle.

aunt julia comes into the kitchen and says "today's open house has been canceled, so i need you all out of the house while i get the ac guy here to do some work. also who is the ac guy?" as she goes through drawers trying to see if she can find a phone number or something.

"uh, do you want me to look one up for you?" skye asks their mom.

"uh, no, no, that's okay. i'm certain susannah has her preferred technician and four approved backups right here" aunt julia says, as she takes a piece of paper out of a drawer, which i'm guessing has a technicians number on it.

"great, now we don't have to lie to the buyers about black mold" i say to her.

"i'm not leaving" conrad states sternly.

from beside me i hear steven say "conrad come on man."

"yeah, we've won this round, let's get out of here" jeremiah says, trying to talk him into leaving.