espresso. make it double.

Start from the beginning

Hobie, and by association Pavitr, and Gwen are your most " beloathed " customers. The first two basically bullied you into putting tea on the menu. And while Gwen didn't nag you every day, her visits usually consisted of her looking you in the eye and saying with a serious voice: ' Iced Ristretto, 10 shot, venti, with breve, 5 pump vanilla, 7 pump caramel, 4 Splenda. Poured, not shaken, please .' That has to be the worst order you've ever gotten, and sadly, by the 5th time she ordered it - you had it memorized.

Apart from them, other spider people came and went, all enjoying your new coffee shop.

- - -

"Pavirt! Your order is ready." You call, and see the young man perk up from where he's sitting with his friends.

It's a lazy day at the Spider Society HQ. For the past week, there have been no real multiverse-shattering incidents and almost no dimension-hopping villains. Needless to say, spider people were enjoying some well-deserved time off.

Pavitr runs up to the counter, shaking with excitement as you put the steaming cup in front of him.

"Okay, I followed the exact recipe you gave me." You start, arranging some biscuits on the tray. "It should be good, but at the same time, this is my first time making chai, so." You shrug. "Are you okay with being my guinea pig for this?"

"Yes, yes, yes ! Now give it here." The boy eagerly takes the cup, and after blowing away some steam, takes a small sip.

"...and?" You can feel the sweat collecting on your brow. You surely fucked it up. He hates it and doesn't know how to break it to you. "How is it?"

"Well it can't compare to tea back at home, but!" Pavitr takes another sip. "I think you did pretty well for your first time." He smiles at you and you wish you had some sunglasses on. This boy can outshine the sun.

"You had me worried there for a second." You chuckle. "If you bring me some spices from Mumbattan I can try mixing them in." He beams at you and you have to actually cover your eyes.

"Thank you! I'm sure you'll be making amazing chai in no time-"

"Excuse me."

A deep voice startles you both. Pavitr turns around and you raise your head to look at the source of the noise. Your eyes only meet with a neon red, upside-down spider on a dark blue background. You have to crane your neck even more to look the person in the eye and-

Oh, it's your boss.

God, what do you say? ' Hello sir' ? ' Hi Miguel '? No, this is literally the second time you see the man, ughhhh -

"Yes? What can I get you." You finally say, squirming under his powerful gaze. While the two of you have a staring contest, Pavitr swiftly grabs his tray and goes back to his table. Smart kid, you think.

"...What do you mean, 'what' ?" Miguel says and you can hear the edge in his voice. It looks as if he didn't get the memo of the multiverse-wide time off all the other spider people took. His shoulders are tense, jaw clenched tight. It's a pretty scary sight.

"Um... What kind of coffee would you like?" You say, and he continues to glare at you. "...sir."

"Don't call me that. Miguel is fine." He scoffs, and finally looks at the menu, hanging behind you on the wall. "Regular black. Two shots of espresso."

Easy enough. "Sure, coming right up!" You turn around and begin making his coffee. As you open the first drawer, your spider sense tells you that the man is scrutinizing your every move. No pressure .