Welcome to Riverdale

Start from the beginning

"Veronica and y/n Lodge, Kevin Keller" she backs up for us all to meet "they are new here and Kevin is.." veronica smiles "gay thank god" she puts her hand out for him "let's be friends " she smiles as he shakes my hand "hi Kevin nice to meet you" I smile softly Kevin smiles then hugs his books "is it true what they say about your dad?!" He asks eager for information we freeze for a second then I clear my throat "that he's the devil incarnate?" I say "we stand by our father" we look at each other "does everyone here know?" I ask as we both cross our arms over our chest at the same time and Betty makes a face telling us what we need to know I scoff "wonderful. Ten minutes in and we are already the Blue jasmine of Riverdale high" Veronica says starting to walk away and I follow then I look back and see Betty giving Kevin a look and he asks "what?"

~bit of a time skip~

We walk into another hallway "oh and of course there's the Back-to-school semi formal dance-". Veronica gets excited "OH! there's the hottie we were with last night" she grabs Betty's arm and I share a look with Kevin while rolling my eyes "the red headed Ansel Elgort.. is he your boyfriend?" She asked Betty "no he's straight" Kevin says not realizing she's talking to Betty and at the same time Betty says "no we're just friends" I look at Kevin with a shocked but amused look we all laugh softly the Veronica makes her move "in that case do you mind putting in a word? I've tried every flavor of boy but orange" I scoff at her then Kevin speaks up "actually, to clarify Betty and Archie aren't dating but they are endgame" Veronica looks a bit annoyed but says "you should ask him to the semiformal then" kevin nods "she should but I heard it might be getting canceled because of what happened to Jason" he says looking at Betty "they are going to tell us at the assembly" I get curious and ask "who's Jason and what happened to him?"

~skip~

We all sit in silence as a girl with red hair and a small black veil on her head is at the podium "thank you all for that moment of silence many of you were lucky enough to have known my brother personally each and every one of you meant the world to Jason I loved my brother. He was and always will be my soulmate so I speak with the confidence only a twin could have Jason wouldn't want us to spend the year mourning" I'm looking around getting bored of the girl at the Podium talking and I see in a far corner by himself the boy with the beanie with his computer open looking uncomfortable and like he didn't want to be there I soon turn my attention back to the girl in the front "Jason would want us to move on with our lives which is why I've asked the school board not to cancel the back-to-school semiformal." People begin to cheer as the girl has a small smile on her face "but rather to let us use it as a way to heal collectively and celebrate my brothers too.. too short life on this mortal coil thank you all" we clap a bit then I look over and see a teacher making intense eye contact with the boy my sister told Betty to ask to the semiformal 'oh no I think there might be something between them..' I think to myself she soon looks away clapping with the rest of us and he soon tares his eyes away and claps as well

After the assembly we head to class which seems to take a bit too long then I meet up with Veronica for lunch "hey v" I smile walking up to her with my tray "hey y/n/n" we stand at the top of the steps with people looking at us she soon sees Betty with Kevin and who we were told is Archie and we start to walk over we get closer and Betty is smiling a lot while looking at Archie's computer where we hear music "can we join?" Veronica asks catching everyone's attention "yeah" Betty points to the seats across from her as Kevin moves over and Archie closes his laptop "what are we doing?" V asks as we sit "listening to one of Archie's songs" Betty says like she's head over heels with him and I smile softly at her "I thought we had to pretend to like it but it's actually really good" I look up "wait that was you singing?" I ask "something you wrote?" V finishes for me and Archie nods "it's rough" Betty shakes her head "no it's great" "it's incredible actually the little snippet I heard is that your thing? Music?" v says encouraging him while flirting a bit I saw Betty notice the flirting and I sigh quietly "are you doing something with that?" Archie nods "yeah that's the plan. So how's your first day going? Good?" Not noticing her flirting attempts as he looks between us "not to be a complete narcissist but I thought people would be more.." V starts "obsessed with you?" Kevin finished and I laugh at his response as he continues as Veronica nods a bit "any other year you'd be trending number one for sure this year tho it's all about Cheryl trying to win the best supporting psycho Oscar for her role we Riverdale Highs bereaved red widow" Archie quickly packs his things "hey I should go I got that meeting with Grundy and then football tryouts so." He stands and Veronica speaks up "you play football too? What don't you do?"