Chapter 1: Training

I feel my sweat run down my back as my instructor continues to push me harder. I don't think I can run much longer.

Chaining training has five stages. The first stage was inputted to push you to your breaking point, but you start when your thirteen. You have to work on getting strong and fit. In the second stage, you learn how to fight. We never know what might be out there, that's why we have our dome. You start stage three when you are fifteen. Stage three is one of the toughest courses to pass. The landscape stage. In this stage you are given a terrain of what our leaders think the outside world will be like. You must use your past training to survive. The next stage, the fourth stage, is when you learn how to fly the ship. You have to memorize codes and learn where things are. The fourth stage is more of a mental stage.

Finally, the fifth stage is a review of everything. You are put in a sham. You have to operate the ship, explore to try and find somewhere you can land, fight and travel through the other landform, survive, and use all your training to get through the sham. By the time you finish you training, you are about seventeen. I am on the fifth stage, so I am seventeen years old.