♡ mercenary + homemaker spouse hcs . ˚⊹꒷

🦆— warnings ୧・takes place 𝗽𝗿𝗲-𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗼𝗿.

꒰🗡️꒱・  Naib   isn't exactly accustomed to how peaceful life is with you, having gone through most of his entire life without any opportunity to relax

꒰🗡️꒱・ Naib isn't exactly accustomed to how peaceful life is with you, having gone through most of his entire life without any opportunity to relax. First, it was the war, which—for obvious reasons—proved to be a rather heavy strain on the man, both physically and emotionally. Even after he'd decided he'd had enough of the bloodshed and defected, living within Britain certainly wasn't cheap, and he was still unable to seize the chance to step back—though he now had his job as a mercenary to blame for that one.

꒰🗡️꒱・I'd imagine that Naib would prefer to live in a more rural part of Britain, perhaps in a cottage not too far away from the city. Not only does he benefit by encouraging your aesthetic preferences ꒰which is for the best, considering he's got no taste for design, himself꒱, but he also manages to keep you safe. Two birds with one stone, really. Of course, while living outside of the city does make his line of work slightly more tedious, he's more than willing to deal with commuting than to move you anywhere closer to such prying eyes.

꒰🗡️꒱・That is to say—he kills, and he gets his assignment done. It's simply business , as cruel as the reality is. But who's to say that those close to the victim won't try to seek 'reimbursement' of their own? He's seen the way that people act when they're desperate, and he's seen just how far down they'll stoop to achieve their goals. For this reason, he's incredibly protective over you and the life that you share. The thought of anything happening to you is one that he actively despises , and he's always on the lookout to make sure that nobody's following him back home.

꒰🗡️꒱・You're in no real danger while Naib is around, at the very least. He's got years of experience killing and protecting under his belt, so it's safe to say that most attackers prove to be of little to no threat to him. Sure, there are occasions where he'll receive a couple of scratches every here and there, though those tend to be the only signs that anything had even occurred. You'll patch them up upon noticing them, gently scolding him for attempting to hide his injuries, yet he's always really preferred to be discreet about such occurrences. In his mind, there's no need to worry you over a pest that's already been dealt with... But he is thankful for your concern.

꒰🗡️꒱・As an extension of this, he's very much insistent on accompanying you whenever you head out—a habit you'd only receive explanation for well into your relationship. Finding out that your partner is a mercenary certainly is quite the shocker, especially when it re-contextualizes the instances in which he'd depart whilst citing 'work'. Even still, I'd say that Naib was even more shocked when you'd decided to stay with him—under the assumption that there would be no more major secrets kept between the both of you. Regardless, he still couldn't help but be confused when he'd awoken the next morning to see that you were still sleeping soundly to him. He'd truly expected to lose you.

꒰🗡️꒱・Although he sends some of his paycheck back to Nepal, you'd be genuinely surprised by the amount that he has left back. Whether it be just by his lack of desire to splurge or simply due to how lucrative his... career choice is, the man is rich —far more than you'd ever guessed. You'll never be without anything that you need, considering that Naib is perfectly content to allow you to decorate the house and buy anything that catches your fancy.

꒰🗡️꒱・He's got enough in savings to comfortably retire from his duties as a mercenary, something that he'll do if you express discomfort with the job. It takes him some time to fully realize that that chapter of his life has finally come to its conclusion—and he'll be eternally grateful if you attempt to help him ease the transition. Practicing for job interviews and reminding him of what excuses to use should anybody question the sizable gap in his resume does eventually help him snag a new job of his own—free from all the bloodshed of his past!

꒰🗡️꒱・One of his greatest struggles in re-adjusting to an average job would easily be working alongside other people. It's something that he hadn't really done since he was in the army, and even then—thinking about his old comrades had the tendency to leave a bitter taste in his mouth. His general introversion does nothing to help him, either, with him preferring to keep entirely to himself or a select handful of trusted individuals. There's also the added factor of his coworkers just... pissing him off for no reason, as well. He just can't seem to understand why they're so incompetent —surely, such simple tasks can't be all that difficult?

꒰🗡️꒱・Considering his background, you'll have to admit that it's quite interesting to see him getting so heavily worked up over something that's so mundane, though you're aware that his lack of options wasn't any fault of his. You do listen to all of his ranting and raving, something that you'd initially recommended to him as therapeutic, though he'd only come to understand why until that first gossip session. He'd ended up getting really into it, and... I don't think he can go back, honestly.

꒰🗡️꒱・Naib tends to get progressively cuddlier as time goes on, but I'd also say that his desire to cuddle with you is also rather dependent on his mood. It's relatively safe to say that he'd prefer to be the big spoon—the just something satisfying to him about having your curled up, and safe within his arms—though he'd also still love to be held by you every now and then. Especially so when it feels as though he'll drown within the memories of his past.

꒰🗡️꒱・Even if he decides to quit his job as a mercenary and return to the life of an average civilian, the pain that he's felt —and inflicted —isn't something that just... goes away . There are times where it'll haunt him, where it'll break down his walls and make him feel like a microscopic mess. It will claw at him, tearing him down and turning him into a shell of himself, where he just wants nothing more than to be rid of such terrible memories—and you wish that there were a way for you to remove them.

꒰🗡️꒱・He loves you, and he'd never hurt you, but he's absolutely terrified that he might . Please hold him, please reassure him that you're there for him. Reminding him that he's got a whole life ahead of him to live, and that he's far from alone—that he's safe , at least now—it helps him... And he appreciates it, more than you could ever know. So, no, he's never quite understood what it means to have a peaceful life... but if it's with you , then... He doesn't mind learning.

🦆— adi moment ୧・𝗮 𝘁𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗹𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘀𝗮𝗸𝘂𝗿𝟰𝗺𝗼𝗰𝗵𝟭! naib and eli's versions were originally supposed to be combined into one post, though i decided to split them since they ended up full length regardless, lol

🦆— adi moment ୧・𝗮 𝘁𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗹𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘀𝗮𝗸𝘂𝗿𝟰𝗺𝗼𝗰𝗵𝟭! naib and eli's versions were originally supposed to be combined into one post, though i decided to split them since they ended up full length regardless, lol. i had a lot of fun writing this, i think it's a super adorable scenario! hope you enjoy! ꒰˵•̀⤙•́˵꒱૭