Chapter 15: Fearless

Start from the beginning

"What I planned was Hogsmeade, there's a sale of old books there this weekend, figured you'd like it. And then a little surprise. We should be back here around eight, in time for dinner. What do you say?" said Oliver, grinning widely when he saw her pleased face.

It had lit up completely, "It's amazing."

He walked to her, took her hand in his and twirled her around, "Let's go, then. And you look absolutely stunning, might I add."

"Thank you, I'm quite aware," she joked. "Not too shabby yourself." She smiled up at him, he did look great, dark jeans and a sweater that wasn't a house sweater, a couple of buttons closing up at the collar, it looked new.

He flicked his wand and his broom flew into his hand. "Do you know how to fly?"

"I flew my first year, it didn't change since then, did it?" she asked nervously, her eyes trailing over the broom now awaiting to be mounted. "I also watched you guys fly for a few years from the benches. Does that count?"

Oliver smiled fondly, "Better keep your legs on the same side, then. Come on." He mounted the broom, gestured for her to sit behind him. She closed her eyes for a second and mentally prepared before she sat down.

"You'll be fine. I don't know if you noticed, but I'm kind of good at this," he grinned, glancing back at her.

"As long as you don't fly as fast as you do on the field, we should be fine," she said blankly, wrapping her arms around him.

"Hold on tight," he tapped her arm, and grabbed on the broom.

"That's what I'm d-Ah!" she screamed when he flew up, the air getting knocked out of her lungs for a few seconds, fighting the wind below that kept hitting at her legs to unbend them. Only she knew what happened if she did, she'd fly right off the broom.

"You all right?" he asked, turning back to look at her once they were in the air and he slowed down a bit.

"No! But I'm not dead, so that's pretty much what I expected," she shouted, holding him tightly.

"We've got a few minutes left," said Wood and leaned a bit forward, making the broom speed up.  Sarah just closed her eyes, occasionally opening one to see the landscape flash right by. "Look!" she heard, and she raised her head, set her chin on his shoulder and opened an eye. It was Hogsmeade almost before them, and from afar it looked lovely.

He lowered the broom, reaching the ground and he straightened his back, turned back to Sarah, "It's over, now," he beamed. She let out a breath of relief when her feet touched the ground, and ran the palm of her hands over her head, thankful for the choice of hairstyle as well as for the outfit.

"That was fun," she said sarcastically. "I'm not sure I can stand up without falling, though," she looked down at her feet and held on to the broom.

He smiled and held out his hand, "I'll make it up to you."

"You better," she took it and her legs trembled, Oliver caught her waist, she ended up face to face with him. She tilted her head up, and raise a brow, "You did this on purpose, admit it."

"Maybe," he grinned, his eyes flickering down her face then back up. "Let's go." He turned to the broom and made it go back to the school with a wand gesture.

"Interesting," murmured Sarah, observing him, then turned to the little village, she couldn't help but let Fred's words pick at her thoughts.

"What's interesting?" asked Wood, stepping back next to her, locking eyes with her. He brushed a finger over her hand and she looked down, took his hand in hers and looked up to find him smiling down at their hands.