𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈𝐈 : 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Okay..." Rose chimed in, dragging put the 'O' sound. "Well, you guys are probably tired so I'll just make food and you guys can pass out for the day, sound good?" She said, it was only a quarter till one, but Miles was up most of the night and most of the day, he was tired. Though, Miles still shook his head. "I'm not hungry." He said flatly, Rose looked at him weirdly before shrugging. "Okay? Whatever then I guess, you want something Flora?" She asked, Flora nodded happily, which made Rose smile "Alright, come pick out something and I'll get it set up for you." She said, Flora smiled and happily skipped to the kitchen.

Miles watched Flora leave before turning to Kate, who for some reason hadn't left yet.

"Why are you still here?" He asked, attempting to keep his hostile tone under check, his eyes staring blankly at Kate, though the twinge of annoyance that always seemed to appear whenever he was around her nowadays couldn't be fully masked.

"This is my home Miles, I'd like to be able to live freely in it." She responded, trying her best to remain calm. She didn't like Miles, rather, his attitude. She knew, well, she thought she knew, he was a good kid and right now she was all him and his sister had, so he'd have to tolerate his behavior for the time being.

Miles on the other hand, felt... differently. He didn't like Kate. He didn't like her attitude, the way she talked to him, the control she had over him now. He especially hated that part. He was always the one in control, that's what made him comfortable.

It wasn't the fact that he couldn't get what he wanted or he couldn't 'boss everyone around', it was the fact that he couldn't control his environment. He couldn't say no as confidently anymore, he couldn't set boundaries without having to verbally establish them, he couldn't feel safe anymore. Because with someone else in control, he didn't have much of a say anymore, and that was just opening himself up to ending up in the same situation as before.

"Mhm..." He hummed as he sat down on the couch. He was tired, but he didn't feel comfortable sleeping until everyone else was. But in typical Miles fashion, if he wasn't sleeping, he was thinking. He thought about the estate, he thought about his room, he thought about how much he missed his stuff.

What about his spider? She'd die if he couldn't feed her, or she'd find a way out of he cage and die anyways. What about Samson and Delilah? They were just left there, they'd die too. Everything in the estate would die. What about Ms. Grose? They just left her body to rot there.

Maybe he could make an anonymous call to go check the house, like a wellfare check or something. If he did, would Miles be considered missing since he just disappeared? Maybe they'd get in trouble since Ms. Grose was dead and they just left her.

Miles took a deep breath at turned his attention to Flora who was in the kitchen with Rose.

Miles didn't like thinking.

Of course all be did was think when he wasn't talking, or sleeping, or banging on his drums, but those were gone too now.

Everything was gone. It made him sick.

Miles didn't like having to give things up, everything he had he had for a reason, he only kept the stuff he liked, and what he liked was all he had, and now the only thing left was Flora.

Miles picked at the threads of his sweater again. He didn't like thinking, because when he thought every little idea or memory trailed back to him, it made him remember what happened.

It was in those moments when he started to feel sick again and that bad taste in his mouth always returned which he had to swallow down without complaint because nobody would understand if he did.

He hated it.

But even if he hated it, if he hated what happened, if he hated him, his brain always found a way to pin the blame on himself, to defend what happened like it was his fault and not...

It didn't matter, because he felt like it was his fault. He let it happen, he didn't say yes but he didn't say no either. That means he must've wanted it. It did didn't? He must've wanted it, that's what he was always told anyways. And still even though he knew deep down he didn't he told himself that because it was hard to come to terms with the fact that someone you trust, someone you loved could do that.

And even after he was gone he kept clinging onto the memory of him, only focusing on the positive because apart of him still wanted to think he was a good person. He was good to Miles, he made Miles happy, for a while at least, he was good to Flora, he was good to Ms. Jessel. He was good, on the outside.

Flora was old enough to comprehend everything happening in their life, but she was little, Miles couldn't talk to her, she wouldn't understand, she would try to, she would try everything to make him happy but she wouldn't understand. But the good outweighed the bad when it came to him, even after everything he did, he was almost the only one who understood Miles, or tried to at least, no one ever fully understood Miles, but Peter Quint came closest.

Miles owed him that much.

[a/n]: hi hi everyone! Okay so uhm I'm gonna start putting tws at the top of chapter because incase you couldn't tell this is not a happy story and will be sad. But still, I love you all and I care about your feelings and I would hate to be responsible for hurting you guys in any way so I will be putting tws at the top of chapter and in the story tags just so if you're uncomfortable with any tws mentioned in chapters (which will most likely reappear throughout the story) then you can click off the chapter or I'd recommend just clicking off the story because it features a lot of sensitive topics that will reappear and can be subtle or explicit mentions. I have other stories on my profile that you can enjoy if you feel uncomfortable reading and there are tons of amazing writers on here with awesome stories a you all know so if you're uncomfortable with the story or any topics mentioned, take care of yourself first, click off, and go do something that keeps you happy and safe! I love you all, and I hope you're all taking care of yourselves and your mind, bye bye <3