Chapter 5: the Capitol.

Start from the beginning

"Thanks Cobalt," Astra told him as she gave him a pat before he vanished.

They worked quickly unloading the carts related to the guild which included the confiscated carts and horses. The survivors were led into the back of the guild, through a side door, the prisoner was removed from their cage and frog marched into the prison for now. Jayda followed them down and once he was locked in, she put up a barrier.

"Huh?" one of the adventurers asked, wondering about the added protection, he actually didn't need to question who Jayda was, she was with the group that was all he needed to know.
"No one or thing meaning him harm can enter. Should prevent him being assassinated before he can testify that an Ashford noble was backing him." Jayda explained after she pulled down the cloth across her mouth and the adventurers frowned, they weren't too happy that a noble was involved and they didn't even know the full story.

"We will make sure only guild staff come down here." The man in charge told her, "I also have poison detect... so I know why I was nominated for this."

Jayda nodded and went back upstairs and back to the people she was leading for debriefing, as she went, she pulled the cloth up to help hide her face. The Adventurer Guild group all gathered around Astra as the Merchant Group stood together and the Noble group stood together. Guild staff members went to each group to get a good account of the story, Party leaders were generally questioned as they spoke for the group, but it was possible in such large groups for members not to fight together.

The Capital Guild Master walked over to Astra and gestured Tomas and Jayda to step over with him, a staff member was at the High Beast-kin's elbow ready to take notes the leader of the knight order also joined them. "Astra, Jayda, in your note you said you had evidence of nobles being behind a slaver operating in Ashford."

Jayda pulled out the document Tomas had handed her. The guild master didn't go to take it, it was in her custody it needed to stay there, all three read the document, the knight's eyes went wide at the implication that Margrave Willis, the third highest level of the aristocrats, was behind this let alone the nine other noble houses.

"Fuck," The guild master swore.

"I am just as pissed," Tomas stated, his noble blood was boiling but until he was dismissed from his job, he was an adventurer first. However, the same scout Jayda had sent forward, Tomas had given an official missive that he had penned and sealed with his proof. Once the scout reported to the guild he was to present to the palace and deliver it to the king, his eyes only, he had also been sent by the guild with a missive from the Guild Master for the same purpose. The knight frowned at him for a moment before he recognised the scruffy man as Margrave Morris.

"Hey, you weren't the one they wanted to enslave," Jayda remarked, she was still seething that there was a request for her enslavement. It was impossible, merely because her magic resistance was so high curse magic cast by anyone other than a higher levelled divine ranked dragon or God wouldn't work.

"Yeah... the only reason they aren't all dead yet is because Jayda is currently in a time limited request and doesn't want it to be her first fail." Astra added with a grin, she was also happy that Jayda had this side to her as it would help her when dealing with two faced nobles.

"I also want to see what this king does if he does nothing... well... I will take matters into my own hands and then leave this country." Jayda stated firmly, her birth race, after all was Dark Elf, she was more than capable of assassinating everyone involved, she was also a Divine Dragon, so far, she had seen no one with a status near close enough to be a threat, not even Astra.

"We... WE will take matters into our own hands, then then WE will leave the country." Astra told her reminding her that they were a party now.

"Right, sorry." Jayda apologised; she was still not quiet used to being in a party yet, Astra nodded and clapped her on the shoulder in understanding. After all she was still getting used to being in a party again as well.