it was a set up

wow guys 10,000 reads?!?!?!?! i cant beleive this story has made it so far!!!but i need you guys to keep commenting and voting!! im in tears from all the reads because i am so excited that so many people are seeing the things i write!! anyways i think with all the reads you guys deserve two new parts and a sneak peak :) yeah i love you guys that much. i am writting the sequal but having a bit of a hard time because im getting writters block. anyways in the sneak peak i will announce the winner of the tittle contest so if you havent said your names say them now or forever hold your peace!! i will be choosing the one i think fits best so please comment more names so i have more choices!!! anyways on with the story!!! hope you guys enjoy it and remember to  comment and vote!!!

“Were you listening to my conversation?” I growled as I spun to look at him.

                “Maybe. Look cadence I don’t know you but from what I can see there is something on your mind but you won’t find the answers here,” he sighed as he walked up and sat beside me.

                “How do you know that?” I snapped and crossed my arms over my chest. I knew that I would find the answers here because I was sure Clayton was here but I didn’t need Clark running to Clayton and warning him the people were here for him.

                “Because I can see it in your eyes. You’re scared and angry because of something that happened. Maybe someone lied to you or broke your heart. Like I said I don’t know you but I can see your frightened and don’t know where to go next in life,” he said calmly.

                My eyes widened and I wanted to pop my mouth open but I just stared at him. Did I look that bad and upset that he could sense it? Could he sense that I was also very worried about Clayton and just wanted to have him in my arms again?

                “There are just some things that happened,” I told him and got to my feet. “But it’s in the past now. Do you mind if I explore a little bit?” truthfully I just wanted to find Clayton and get the hell out of here because I was still very much afraid of these wolves.

                “Of course just don’t go too far. You’re safer here then out wandering around other pack territories,” he warned and I nodded to him and left the room. I began to walk around the house trying to scent Clayton but I just could not find it. Was he even here or was he just hiding from me?

                I ended up on a large balcony that over looked that large yard bellow. I had been walking around for almost two hours and hadn’t found any sense of Clayton being here. I hung my head and felt tears sting my eyes. If he wasn’t here then I had no idea where I would find him and I was now afraid of where he might be. If I hadn’t pushed him away like I had and gave him a second chance then he might still be at his pack and taking care of them like he should be and I would be right by his side.

                “What are you doing here?” a deep voice asked and I froze as chills went up my spine. I spun on my heels and Clayton stood there his blue eyes staring into me. His arms were crossed over his chest and he did not look happy to see me.

                “I uh was checking out the territory,” I said swiftly and he raised and eye brow and I knew he didn’t believe me.

                “Uh huh so that’s why heather and kale are sitting just outside of the territory waiting for you to call them saying you found me,” he growled and I sighed.

                “Alright I came looking for you because heather and kale came to me in a panic that you left the pack,” I told him.

                “I didn’t leave the pack. I came here on business because Clark has been having issues with some rogues. Both heather and kale knew I was coming here,” he said and my body tensed. “You got set up cadence.”

                “God dam it! How could they!” I growled in anger.

                “They want us to get back together,” he said and I met his gaze. His face was blank and his body was stiff. His eyes were dark and he stood with great power. This is not the Clayton I used to know.

                “I bet they do,” I whispered and hung my head. Tears well up in my eyes and I just wanted to run away. Ever since the last time I saw Clayton I wanted to have him back in my arms. I wanted us to rebuild our lives and live happily ever after like we were supposed to.

                “Cadence are you okay?” Clayton asked softly and I just nodded my head.

                “I’m fine,” I whispered my voice catching as a sob racked my body. What was wrong with me? I haven’t cried in what seemed like forever.

                “Don’t lie cadence I know you’re not,” he said and stepped closer to me. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

                “I miss you Clayton! I know I shouldn’t after everything you did to me! I should hate you more than anything in the world and want to rip your throat out like my wolf does. But that’s not the case. I want you back more than anything but I don’t want this Clayton back I want the one I fell in love with. I want to be with you and start a family with you. I don’t want to feel this pain anymore and I just want to be happy again!” I shouted and finally looked up at him. His eyes were wide and filled with tears. “But I don’t think that will happen Clayton. After everything you did to me I don’t think we could be together ever again.”