CHAPTER 8

[AUTHOR PERSPECTIVE]

It was 9 in the morning, and Taehyung was currently in the room that he shared with his boyfriend, looking at the calendar beside the bed on which he was sitting it was December 27th only 3 days until his birthday. No...he isn't happy about his birthday. Ever since his grandma died he had no purpose in celebrating his birthday.

Taehyung never had friends growing up because his family was poor and owned a farm. He would always get bullied for being the son of a farmer.

Taehyung: "I should stop thinking and focus on getting dinner ready," he said and did up and went to the kitchen to make dinner for himself and his boyfriend.

~Time Skip, At Night~

Taehyung entered the room and his eyes landed on his boyfriend who was sitting on the bed with his laptop. A sigh left his mouth.

Taehyung: "Always on his work again" he mumbled the words and his eyes widened when Jungkook looked at him.

Jungkook: "Did you say something love?" he said as he put away his laptop to charge.

Taehyung: "Umm...no I wanted to tell you something...if you have time," he said shyly.

Jungkook: "What do you want to talk about my love?" he said sounding so hot.

Taehyung: "Umm...like are you..." he said shyly again.

Jungkook: "Baby, calm down and talk to me. I'm not gonna bite you, my love," he said. Taehyung looked down embarrassed.

Taehyung: "Are you free in 3 days? Like you know??"

Jungkook looked at the calendar and shook his head indicating 'no' as the answer.

Jungkook: "No, I have a very important meeting on that day, why?" he asked.

Taehyung: "Nothing... never mind" he sounded so low, he got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to change into comfortable clothes. As soon as he entered the bathroom, he looked at himself in the mirror almost crying.

Taehyung: "Are you dumb? What do you expect?? He's been very busy with work! How can you expect him to remember your birthday?!" he mentally slapped himself leaning a slap mark on his face.

After some time he left the bathroom and tucked himself into bed beside Jungkook who was still working on his laptop on the charger.

~On December 29th~

These days have been depressing for Taehyung.  
Jungkook still cuddled up to Taehyung when he was free. But one thing he tried was giving hints to Jungkook that his birthday was tomorrow but he seemed to be bothered. He stopped trying...he wanted to give up his life..he doesn't want to live anymore. Since they got back together he still has been getting hate comments but whenever he went live on Weverse jungkook would be there too and change the hate comments to good ones.

It was almost 10 pm, and Jungkook was on his way home. Taehyung had already finished making dinner. A notification on his phone snatched his attention from the phone. He checked his phone seeing a message. He started to read it out loud.

Text: 'Dear Taehyung, Happy birthday! Tomorrow's the day! The day of a curse in our life happened. We regret adopting you in that orphanage. May your day go bad and may you do miserably'

Taehyung was feeling nothing but tears. He wished he was dead. Taehyung put his phone away and ran towards the bathroom. He turned on the shower and started crying his eyes out. Cold water was running down his body. He was feeling nothing but pain. He was sitting on the floor curled up into a ball and couldn't stop crying.

On the other hand, it was already midnight. Jungkook entered the house with the extra keys, red roses bouquet in one of his hands, and a gift bag in the other. He looked around to find Taehyung but couldn't find him. So he thought Taehyung was asleep.

He put the things on the couch and immediately went to their shared room but a confused look was on his face.

Jungkook: "Where is he? Where did he go?" he looked around but the sound of the shower caught his attention. He went toward the bathroom door and opened it slowly. He pecked inside just for his eyes to become bigger.

He saw his boyfriend crying in the shower, so he immediately opened the door fully and went to Taehyung.

Jungkook: "Taehyung, baby what happened??"

Taehyung was nearly passing out from staying in the cold shower for a long time. Jungkook hugged Taehyung and realized how cold Taehyung's body was. He picked him up and took him to the bed. He made him lay down on the bed and wrapped him around with a blanket.

He opened the drawer and took out some dry clothes and carefully made the younger wear them. He went to the kitchen to warm up the food the younger had made earlier. He headed upstairs and carefully made Taehyung eat.

After some time, the younger was laying down staring at the ceiling.

Jungkook: "Are you okay now, love?" he asked worried.

Taehyung looked at the older.

Jungkook: "How are you feeling? Still cold? Do you need anything?" he kept asking worried.

Taehyung: "I am sorry for not being perfect for you," he said while looking away crying.

Jungkook: "Hey baby, don't be sorry! Please look at me!" he cupped Taehyung's face making the younger look at him.

Jungkook: "Tell me what happened, I promise I'll be with you no matter what! I'll take every responsibility because you are my boyfriend," he said.

Tears started gathering in Taehyung's eyes. It's been 15 minutes since the younger one told the older one everything.

Jungkook: "Don't worry my love, it's okay!" he pulled the younger into a hug and Taehyung started crying again.

Everything was feeling nice...he was in his safe place...where he was feeling nothing but home and loved.

Jungkook: "Wait here! I'll be right back," he said while pulling away from the hug and heading downstairs to get the gifts. The younger was left confused.

Jungkook came back with a bouquet of flowers and a gift. Taehyung immediately started crying seeing what his boyfriend had bought in.  Jungkook handed the bouquet of flowers to the younger.

Jungkook: "Happy birthday, my love," he said.

Taehyung: "I thought you forgot?!" he said shocked.

Jungkook: "How could I forget a special day. I pretended to forget," he said.

Jungkook: "Now..." he said while kneeling down on one knee. He pulled out a small box and opened it while saying... "Will you marry me Kim Taehyung?" he asked.

Taehyung started crying even harder.

Taehyung: "Yes! YES!" he said happily.

Jungkook put the ring on Taehyung's ring finger, then kissed him on the lips.

Jungkook: "I love you so much, my love," he said.

Taehyung: "I love you too, kookie" he replied.

Just like that the two of them fell asleep happily. Taehyung had no reason to leave the world now. He was very happy with his boyfriend, soon-to-be husband.

END OF CHAPTER 8

(I wanted to make a chapter where Taehyung is depressed and wants to kill himself because of his adoptive father. I decided to make this because I'm also suffering from depression and very bad anxiety. I've tried to end it once but failed. So I decided to write this chapter. The last 2 chapters will be about Taehyung wedding shopping in Chapter 9 and Chapter 10 will be about the wedding and something more special.)