00

Alice carefully closes the door in her room as the tears that she was holding a while ago slowly drops from her eyes down to her cheeks.

Her parents scolded her for the things that she can't control. She was scolded for eating too much even though it was a piece of brownie that she was about to eat. It's been a year since she ate a brownie. She just wanted to taste it again even if it's the last.

She cries as her thoughts went wild. "Is it bad to eat?" "Is this natural for a child?" "It's been a year since I ate those brownies can't I have one even just for today?" Those were the thoughts that's been running in her mind for half an hour. That's how long she's been crying and she didn't even realize it.

She went to the vanity mirror inside her room to check herself. Her eyes were so red and she's sure that it'll swollen when she wakes up.

🪩 🔒 @mirrorball
When will this stop?

🪩 🔒 @mirrorball
I wonder if this is normal?

🪩 🔒 @mirrorball
Do other kids experience this too?

🪩 🔒 @mirrorball
Why does this hurt so much?

🪩 🔒 @mirrorball
Do kids my age experience this? I hope not.

After all, she's only 12 and a grade 6 student.

She put her phone beside her as the melody of the music lightly tingles her ears. She closes her eyes, smiling even if deep inside her there's pain that she doesn't know how to mend, hoping that tomorrow will be a better one.