Steve turns to her, his eyebrows furrowed.

''When things get dangerous, can you step away? Can you not sacrifice your life? Can you please choose your life over everyone else's just this once?''

He stays quiet.

''Please, the kids need you. I need you.'' She desperately says. ''Can you?''

''Frey, I-.. I can't.'' Steve softly replies.

''Why not?'' Freya whispers.

''Could you do the same?'' He retorts. When she stays quiet, he nods and plants a kiss to her head.

''Then that's why.'' Steve says.

The Goddess nods and turns her head away, her eyes sadly drooping.

''But whatever happens, I'll always love you. I'll love you forever.''

''Forever, wow. That's a long time.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''So, the glove's ready

''So, the glove's ready.'' Rocket mumbles as he sets in some sort of case.

''Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?''

''I'll do it!''

Everyone turns to around in surprise, Thor walks towards them with a dangerously determined look.

''Excuse me?'' Tony asks in disbelief.

''It's okay.'' Thor shrugs likes or nothing, just another daily task.

''Stop, stop-''

''Woah, woah.''

''-slow down.''

''Thor. Just wait, we haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet.'' Steve says, putting his hand on the God's chest to stop him.

''I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?'' Thor scoffs.

''We should at least discuss it.''

''Look, I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me.'' He says.

''Normally, your right.'' Freya says as she stands before him.

''It's my duty!''

''It's not about that. Hey, brother-''

Thor shushes his sister, he puts up his hands in defence as he shakes his head.

''Stop it!'' He exclaims. ''Just let me. Just let me do something good. Something right.'' Thor says, his voice cracking as he grabs Freya's hands.

''Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. We're telling you, you're in no condition.'' Tony chimes in from their right.