Chapter 1: New girl

Today was my first day of school in New York and I was so nervous. I had a lot of friends back in California but I knew it wouldn't be the same, it was different here. Leaving my friends was so hard, they were all amazing. This was a new start for me and I really didn't want to mess it up.

I pulled into the parking lot of my new school and rolled up the windows. I turned my car off and just looked towards the school. It was the usual high school scene with different groups of people laughing and talking. I had no idea where I would fit in, everyone seemed to have a place.

I grabbed my bag and slung it on my shoulder and got out of the car. I smoothed out my new black dress and started walking toward the school. I walked past a group of athletic looking guy that all turned to face me.

"Damn hot new girl," one of them yelled. I didn't bother to look back I just continued up the steps. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad here, it felt good to know people thought I was pretty. I already had my schedule and locker combo so I started looking for my locker.

Everyone was staring at this point and I just wanted to find my locker and get to class. I wasn't the kind of girl that likes being the center of attention. Yeah I had a lot of friends back home but I always had my best friends by my side. I was never alone like this, this was terrifying.

When I finally found my locker I saw a boy and a girl making out right in front of it. Of course this had to happen. "Um excuse me? Could I please get to my locker?" I said quietly. They both stopped and looked at me.

The boy was super hot with dark brown hair and green eyes. He was wearing a tight black t-shirt that showed his abs perfectly and dark jeans. He just screamed bad boy.

He started to smirk and look me up and down before he said, "so you're the hot new girl everyone is talking about?" I was surprised he already knew about me, word must travel fast around here.

The other girl had already left by this point so I just pushed him out of my way but of course he didn't leave. I opened my locker and started to place books inside as he leaned against the wall of lockers next to me.

"So what's your name beautiful?" He said still smirking at me.

"Skylar." I said without even looking at him. Yeah, he was hot but I knew he was trouble and that is the last thing I needed right now. "Shouldn't you go find your girlfriend?"

He just started laughing. "She is definitely not my girlfriend princess, I don't date." Now I knew he was definitely a player.

"Don't call me that," I said as I slammed my locker shut and started to walk to my first period class. Then I felt a hand on my wrist.

He pulled me back into the lockers and put both his hands on either side of me so I couldn't escape. Our bodies were so close together that I was scared to breath. "I always get what I want princess." He moved his face closer to me so I could feel his minty breath on my lips. I just stood there completely surprised until I felt his breath on my ear. "And I want you."

He let me go and started walking down the hall. I let out a breath that I had been holding in and smoothed out my dress once again.

What have I gotten myself into.