Chapter 1

For as long as you could remember you had been living on the sea. Being out on the vast ocean with the rest of your crew was like paradise.

You were young when you joined this life but mopping the deck and peeling potatoes wasn't all that bad. You were content with your life on the open ocean, until that inevitable day when everything changed.

-15 years ago-

You were only 16 when you made land fall on a small uninhabited island right off the East Blue searching for the superu superu no mi. Also known as the spell spell fruit.

It has the ability to grant its user the power to cast any spell on anyone as they see fit. A very powerful fruit that would sell for a very high price. You were beyond excited to get your hands on such an exclusive item. After selling it, you could afford to start your own crew and sail off to find even flashier treasure!

"These idiots have another thing coming if they think I'm just gonna hand this thing over." You chuckled to yourself.

The moment your feet connected with the sand you were sprinting to the tree line. You heard your crew yelling out for you but you tuned them out as you ran further into the dense foliage.

You made your way around the island looking for hidden traps and any fruit that looked out of the ordinary.

As the day got cooler and the sun started to set you become increasingly anxious that someone else on your crew had found it already.

"This is gonna take all night, unless one of those brain dead crew mates of mine actually found it." You spoke out loud, sighing deeply as your stomach growled. "It wouldn't hurt to find something to eat."

You searched for some meat with no luck. All this island had was a bunch of berries and too many types of fruit. While looking for food one tree stood out to you. It had bundles of funny looking fruit that looked very weathered, as if someone had painted them and the paint was starting to chip.

You climbed the tree to inspect these fruits and you were right. These were fake fruits but why would someone create a whole tree of fake fruit? unless they were trying to hide something.

As you began plucking these false fruits off you start to uncover something you've only seen in your captain's books. It was the devil fruit tucked away inside a tree of hand made fruits.

You laughed in excitement as you pulled the fruit from the tree and made your way down. You ran back to the ship, weary of any of the crew that might be around. You hid the fruit under your shirt as you ran towards the shore line.

Still scanning the area as you broke free from the forest you noticed you hadn't seen a single person the whole way here. A deep feeling of unease set in your stomach. You knew something wasn't right. The whole island was empty.

As you stood at the edge of the shore, the cool water washing over your feet. You watched as the silhouette of your ship drifted farther and farther away until it was just a speck on the horizon.

"I don't understand." You say, your vision getting blurrier watching the ship get smaller. "Why would they leave without the devil fruit? Why would they leave without me?" You ask yourself as anger began to boil inside you.

'Was there an ulterior motive? Did they plan to leave me here just to have one less mouth to feed? Was there other treasure on the island and they just didn't want to deal with me anymore? Did they know about my plan? No that's impossible!' Questions were running through your head as you tried to figure out why this was happening to you but you could never find a good reason.

At the young age of 16 you decided to eat that fruit gaining the powers of the spell spell fruit promising yourself that you'd find a way off this island and begin your own crew with the help of these new powers.

——A/N——
Thanka you guys for reading! I hope you enjoy this rewritten version of my old story. Leave a comment and tell me what you think.

See you in the next chapter!!