XI

Taehyun felt at peace as the warmth from the blanket engulfed him while curled up on the couch. He closed his eyes as he took another sip of the tea Soobin made for him in an attempt to calm him down.

Taehyun underestimated how hot the drink was and burned his tongue.

"Owww," Taehyun whined and looked over at Soobin who was sitting on the other end of the couch.

"I told you it was hot," Soobin scoffed, causing Taehyun to pout even more.

Soobin shot Beomgyu a text, saying that Taehyun is calm and they should come out of Taehyun's room so the four of them could talk.

Once Beomgyu read the text, he let out a nervous laugh.

Yeonjun finally looked up from their hands that somehow became intertwined, "Is everything okay?"

Beomgyu nodded and let go of Yeonjun, "They're ready to talk now. I'm just preparing to either get bitched out by Taehyun or have to sit through him obviously being fake towards me." He tilted his head back in annoyance, "No matter what I say he is going to find a way to turn this situation on me."

Yeonjun just blinked at him feeling confused. Are they seriously talking about the same Taehyun that has let him stay at his apartment rent free when he didn't have to. The same Taehyun that opened up about his family to him and cried about Soobin almost every night?

"He's just so mean to me." Beomgyu continued on.

"But," Yeonjun paused for a moment, "That's the exact same thing he said about you."

Beomgyu couldn't help but laugh at that statement.

"I'm serious, that's what he told me."

"Let's just go," Beomgyu shook his head, having a hard time believing that he was the bad one in this situation, "We really should be focusing on getting him to help you," he shot the older boy an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry for bringing this up when I'm here to help you. I'm just worried now that I'm in the picture he is going to be reluctant to help you."

"It's okay," Yeonjun smiled at him, "Taehyun will definitely help me. We are friends after all."

Beomgyu felt a tight pit in his stomach hearing those words.

Yeonjun and Taehyun are friends?

Why does that make Beomgyu feel so uneasy? Who cares if Yeonjun is friends with a boy that hates Beomgyu with every fiber of his being? It's not like Beomgyu wants anything to do with Yeonjun anyways. He's just here to help him in a shitty situation since his best friend is involved. Beomgyu was going to drop him completely once everything was settled.

So why does the thought of those two being friends make Beomgyu want to scream into his pillow when he gets home tonight?

"Yo Gyu," Yeonjun snapped his fingers in front of the younger boy's face, making Beomgyu jump out of his inner monologue. "You coming?" Yeonjun asked, already standing right outside the door.

Beomgyu nodded and the two boys headed towards the living room where Soobin and Taehyun were waiting for them.

Soobin scooted over next to Taehyun so there was room on the couch for the other two boys. Yeonjun sat on the opposite end where Soobin was originally at. Beomgyu was sitting in between Soobin and Yeonjun.

Taehyun glared at Beomgyu, mouthing the words 'fuck off' before wrapping his arms around Soobin's and attempting to pull him away from Beomgyu as much as he could with the limitied amount of space.

Beomgyu tsked and looked over to Yeonjun.

"What?" Yeonjun tilted his head.

"Did you not see-" Beomgyu stopped himself midsentence, "Nevermind."