Yes m'am, i said while swiping my game card to play.

READY SET GO!!

I started dunking the basket balls in while the timer began to go down. I looked over my shoulder seeing Grace missing every shot which made me laugh.

I thought you could play, I said while still shooting the ball through the hoops but then I grabbed her ball out her hand and threw it in her hoops which made her smile.

We spent 2 hours in the arcade and decided to head over to Waffle House.

Good evening, how can I help you folks?

I will get the All Star Special, scrambled eggs and a Minute Maid for the drink I spoke and then looked up to see Maria taking my order.

James Nephew? She asked while smiling big. Yeah i nodded with a small smile. He still do that moving truck business? Yeahh I replied back. Mhm well your uncle was an amazing man but I needed someone who could support me financially not emotionally.

That being said what would you like to order girly? I would like Waffles with Minute Maid. She replied while looking at the menu. Alright I will bring out your food shortly. She spoke with a smile while closing her small notebook.

So that's your uncle ex? She asked while looking at me. Yup my uncle was really into her too.

You remember in high school how everyone thought we we're together because of how much we hung out especially when we took
That mirror pic in the bathroom together. She shook her head in disbelief while laughing.

Yeahh we've always been good friends tho. I spoke while laughing with her.

We stared in each other's eyes for a moment and then she looked away with a small smile.

Truth be told I always liked Grace and I know she had to like me a little but we've never taken each other serious it seems like. I never was the type to force a relationship but I loved our friendship. I could literally talk to this girl about anything & vise versa.

As we ate our food, she analyzed my face.she suddenly grabbed a napkin wiping the side of my face which made me smile. She was always there for me in certain ways which I liked.

You wanna go to this party with me Saturday? She asked while adding more syrup to her waffles.

Ion know I gotta ask my uncle since I work Saturdays. Alright just let me know Ezra bc I don't wanna go by myself. Alright I'll let you know.

You wanna know something Ezra? Huh I spoke while biting into my bacon. I've been trying to get closer to the Lord lately and that's apart of why I've been so to myself lately, you know not trying to live up to worldly standards.

It's funny because I've been doing the same thing lately, I've been reading the Bible daily, you know trying to understand the purpose behind life itself.

That's amazing Ezra, you even look better know. Well that's what Jesus do to you I replied while pointing upwards.

I know that's right, it's something about that unconditional love Jesus gives us!! She smiled wide.

I just want better for myself and life like so many people around us aren't doing anything for themselves but smoking, drinking, having sex and all types of foolish things that's not gone get them money or education. I shook my head in disbelief.

Yeah that's why I'm thinking about going out of state for college, because I want to be around a different environment, you know a new Scenery.
I looked at her with shock while taking a sip of my Minute Maid.

That's good, I'm glad you know your worth and want better for yourself but I'm sure gone miss you when you go. I spoke with a small smile but deep inside I didn't want her to go I wanted her to be with me but that's being selfish I thought to myself.

Trust I'll visit you Ezra, we won't be strangers to each other. I value our friendship a lot so don't worry about it coming to an end because it won't.

You promise gang? I asked while doing our handshake. I promise she replied while snapping her fingers to finish off the handshake.

Bet let me get you home though it's pretty late. Alright Ezra.

As we both sat in the car a love song played which was the same song I heard earlier in my unc moving truck.

Love
So many things I've got to tell you
But I'm afraid I don't know how
'Cause there's a possibility
You'll look at me differently
Love
Ever since the first moment I spoke your name
From then on I knew that by you being in my life
Things were destined to change cause
Love
So many people use your name in vain
Love
Those who have faith in you sometimes go astray
Love
Through all the ups and downs the joy and hurt
Love
For better or worse I still will choose you first

This song is so beautiful, have you heard this song before? She turned up the volume a little.

A little bit, do you know the mega behind it? I asked while looking at the road ahead of me.

He's speaking on his Love for God, many mis interpreted it as a love song for a significant other but if you read the lyrics it's really signifies his longing love for the Lord.

That's real deep, so whole time dude was really talking about the love he found from God. I chuckled to myself.

Mhm she nodded while turning the music all the way up.

Many days I've longed for you
Wanting you
Hoping for the chance to get to know you
Longing for your kiss
For your touch, for your essence (your beautiful essence)
Many nights I've cried from the things you do
Felt like I could die from the thought of losing you
I know that you're real
With no doubt or no fears
Or no questions

To be continued ....