ɠʋeʂʂ ωɧo?

ʄoʋɽ

_______________________

The walk of shame. Moderne dating made it seem as a real nightmare. The act of leaving a place after spending a night, if you could consider ten minutes a night, of torrent. It was supposed to be the walk that made people feel shame. The walk going home missing your panty but carrying deep regrets in your half empty purse. Y/n has never done the walk of shame.

Y/n had never done the walk of shame.

Until now, all your knowledge concerning the famous walk of shame came from when Nobara. Your best friend showed up to your house at least once every two weeks after spending the week-end missing in action. Nobara had her phases during which she disappeared and didn't even tell you where she was. She said she was meeting her special friend who wasn't in town very often. You weren't dumb, the way she walked in wobbling was a clear sign of what she had been doing during nighttime. Nobara didn't want to alert Mr. Ijichi, the butler, about her whereabouts, so she pretended she spent the week-end at your place.

You didn't mind as you had no one over. You spent most of your time alone. You were mainly studying or... spending time... which what most of your activities consisted of.

As best-friends Nobara and you shared a lot  together. You were more reserved than her, more of a listener than a talker. An attentive listener at that because you had noticed how silent she was when she came from her special 'self-care' week-end. She came back relaxed, calm and glowing. You would not have believed in the after glow myth if you hadn't seen it on Nobara, since you never experienced it... yet.

You did now.

You hadn't even noticed you fell asleep and when you woke up, your duo of a moment was nowhere to be seen. You took the chance to flee. The other side of the bookshelf was a regular door, you managed to open it and find your way back to your assigned room. It was dark outside when you were running through the corridors, the sun long down. How long had you spent in that secret office? Difficult to tell and your mind was too hazy to check your watch.

You hastily sprinted to your joint bathroom, loudly closing each door you passed through, you couldn't be bothered with paying attention to that. You locked yourself in the bathroom, your heart beating faster than ever when you backed yourself against the door. You were panting, not accustomed to the physical effects of running down at least 4 stairs, going from one wing to another.

Perhaps it was the shame and guilt you were supposed to feel that made your heartbeat spike. The internal reaction would then be the only sign conveying that sentiment. Because when you stood up and dusted your ruffled skirt, slightly wobbling towards the mirror you did not see either of those feelings.

You felt warm. Not an awkward warm but a buzzy one. A warmth that felt like a breeze. Soft inside you, hugging you, embracing you. You felt lightened. Was it in your gaze or your weight. You felt like exhaling a breath you didn't know you were holding. You felt ecstatic. You felt good.

Nothing of what happened was good. But the words to describe what you felt couldn't be find in the haze of your mind. You couldn't explain why it felt so... right.

"Y/n, is that you, are you in here?" Nobara knocked on the bathroom door. You hadn't heard her breach the first door, captured by your reflection. "Y/n? Hey, are you upset about something?"

"Wha-what do you mean?" You were breathless coming back to reality.

"I'm sorry I ruined our evening because of my absence. My brother caused some trouble with the elders, my presence was requested." She knocked at the bathroom door again when you didn't reply, "Yn?"