I felt myself smiling at her words, never did a girl ever make me blush, but she was different.

"You're high ass shit." I whispered trying to break the tension.

"So?" She shrugged carelessly. "You ain't miss me in all these years, for real?"

"I never said that." I shook my head

She smiled toothily, tilting her head in teasing way, one that made me want to smack her. "Aww-

"Dont do that lame ass shit." I cut off but I couldn't help but laugh.

"You're a hot ass mess." Princess giggled, sitting up to grab a full bottle of water off of my dresser. My eyes unwilling trailed her body...

Something back there grew for sure.

She moved back to the couch, her eye brows raising as I just stared at her beauty. "Is there something on my face?"

I shook my head and slowly leaned forward— licking my lips once moving to whisper in her ear.

"You remember when we used to fuck around as kids?"

...

 Princess "Sy" Jones

Princess "Sy" Jones

I knew what Kilyier was trying to do, persuade me to rekindle our old ways. But I wasn't princess and I wasn't fucking stupid.

He wasn't sober... but then neither was I. Y'know the saying high thoughts are sober thoughts. Me neither.

I was just trying to make sense of it all. How could someone so violent be so soft around me? 

What was so fucking special about Princess Sylas Jones?

"We were thirteen." I pulled him away by his chin. "We didn't even know what we were doing."

"I knew exactly what I was doing." Kilyier insisted.

I rolled my eyes, of course he did. I could judge him for his hormonal pre-teen years though.

"Any reason you brought that up or do you just wanna reminisce?"

He chuckled, twirling his finger around the tight curls of my lace. "I missed how you use to play in my hair."

His raspy and obvious tired voice had me unsettled. I rearranged myself after clearing my throat awkwardly.

"Kilyier..." I trailed off.

"My fault. I can't just bring up good memories?" He frowned sarcastically.

"That's not a good memory, it's a embarrassing one."

"Oh now you embarrassed that I fingere—

"We were kidsssss." I dragged, covering my face because I was completely embarrassed. Someone obviously should've beat our little grown asses.

"You keep saying that." Kilyier told. "We grown now, Princess."

"Shouldn't we be worrying about DaeDae? What if he does some other shit." I tried to change the conversation.

"Don't worry, got that covered. Plus would you rather i try to recover us than get blood on my hands?"

He unfortunately had a good point. I didn't want him to act out of rage,  kill DaeDae and probably get arrested.

I stared at him in his dark brown eyes; searching for any sign of genuine, and I found it.

"It's gonna take more than your word." I muttered.

"I know that. I waited years, what's another couple months?" He shrugged.

I wide smile took over my face— I was slowly getting my best friend back, my wish from my fifteenth birthday finally came true.

It only took three years.

"Now gimme a hug." Kilyier pulled my body onto his, wrapping his arm around my waist.

I sniffed his scent of coconut body wash, weed and cologne. It smelled like home. It felt like it too, his hugs were always so comforting.

So comfortable that I ended up closing my eyes... drifting into a slumber.

...

I flickered my eyes open, seeing nothing but darkness. I looked around and saw Kilyier laying beside me with one hand on his head, the other hand in his pants.

I felt around for my phone, squinting when it brightened up. The time was 3:34 am. Damn.

I used the light to lead myself to the bathroom. I took a piss and washed my hands.

While I was drying my hands with a paper towel I saw something I was least expecting... a bracelet.

It obvious belonged to a girl because of the pink pearls and the gem. It looked like extremely expensive... lucky her.

Out of stupidity and anger I grabbed the bracelet, bawling my hand up before opening the bathroom door.

There stood Kilyier who immediately looked down at my hand. "Unless your finna punch me, what's in your hand."

I sucked in a deep breathe, finally unfolding my hand.

"The fuck was you doing in here?"

...