Part 9- Everything seems Unreal

Next week, she comes back from another photography project. Neil opened the door, smiling more widely than usual. 

Neil: (tilting his head on one side) You're back?

Mini: uhm.... yeah ofcourse... *silence*    Are you ok? 

Neil: (still smiling) Yes... You took long to come back...

Mini: No... I am one day early than I told you...

Neil: Oh... It felt like ages...

She came to hug him sensing there was something wrong with him, but he shoved her off. She looked at him confused. 

Neil: You must be hungry... I'll cook something for you... You go freshen up. (he left)

Mini: (confused) yeah... thanks

She came back and saw him cooking pasta. He handed her a plate, still smiling widely.

Mini: Oh... You don't know how much I missed this...

He just smiled. She had a bite, and it was so bitter coz of excessive salt. 

Mini: Neil!! Are you pranking me? What is this?

Neil: (the smile on his face slowly vanishing) You think I'll prank you? (shouting) YOU THINK I'LL PRANK YOU??!!

Mini: Relax... Why are you shouting?

Neil: WHY SHOULDN'T I? WHY SHOULDN'T I SHOUT? JUST TELL ME! 

He banged his hand on the table hard while she looked at him scared...

Mini: Neil... Just relax... It's ok... 

She put her hand on his while he jerked it off. She looked at him, hurt by the way he behaved. She went inside the room angrily. And there he was standing in front of her with a straight face.

Mini:(thinking) How the hell did he come inside so fast?

He smiled in a way that he looked scary.

Mini: Don't you dare say sorry now.

He just walked out of the room and sat outside. She looked at him angrily, banged the door and locked it. Then she lay on the bed thinking.

Mini:(thinking) What has happened to him? Why is he behaving so weirdly? Is there something wrong? Who shouts at such a small thing... I was just asking... prank toh koi bhi kar sakta hai... This is just not you Neil... Why do I feel that....

And suddenly he came close to her looking at her smiling.

Mini: (scared) What are you doing?! And how did you come inside?! I had locked the door...

Neil: Take a look sweetheart... It's still locked.

She looked at him, scared and confused.

Neil: Awww... You are so innocent... Ab tak nahi samajhi mai kaun hun?

She couldn't say anything.

"Since you can't understand, I'll explain. Mai tumhare pyaare husband ko apne saath le kar ja rahi hun... He is just too hot and when he is cooking, he looks lil extra and I couldn't resist"

Mini: Are you serious? See agar yeh koi aur prank hai naa... I'll......

"No no no darling... Aisa kuch nahi hai... By the way, didn't you recognise me? ISHA... Isha this side.... He choose YOU over me... I'll burn him! I'll burn the heart out of him"

Mini: (screaming with tears in her eyes) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

She woke up with a jerk still screaming. He looked at her tensed.