i'll leave you with words [diluc]

diluc is a lot of things.

rich, a nobleman, an occasional but often accidental romantic, rational, a caring gentleman who does acts of service to his people without seeking any form of acknowledgment — he is everything most people did not peg him to be.

diluc ragnvindr is a lot of things. a liar is not one of them.

the dawn winery manor clad in its usual grace, housemaids to and fro. atmosphere engulfed with the mond's signature breath of air. everyone seems to be wrapped up in their own line of work, the manor full of activity more than ever.

the hushing sound of sweeping floors, the whisper of the gentle wind, the resonance of lifting barrels, the overtone of the late crepus' vinyl. it felt like the quotidian weekday mornings that diluc's routine has met with.

and yet, even with the penchant for a comprehensive routine and pattern, diluc is not at ease.

"tell me brother, what went wrong with [name]?" an awfully mocking smirk adorning kaeya's features complemented by a question diluc has avoided asking himself on multiple occasions.

kaeya always knew where and when to push the right buttons. enough to put his brother in a fit of contemplation.

the tycoon's lips clasped in a thin line. diluc is a rational, reasonable man. always finding the right reasons, especially in the midst of questionable circumstances. and yet, in this case, he's at a naught for words.

he closed his eyes shut, ignoring the menace that is his brother's presence. in place of a void, he saw your pure, painfully innocent smile instead. hand fitfully intertwined with his, perfectly laced as if it was sculpted by the gods. his ears straining to search the sound of your voice as you recite a line from his favorite book, hands meticulously running through his crimson locks. there was a slight twinge in his heart.

because it felt so recent, so real that he's looking forward to seeing the vision once again.

discarding his initial question, kaeya sauntered around the manor, his eyes landing on a certain printed work. "[name] sure did love their books." it's like he is able to completely make sense of diluc's images. sibling's intuition, one might say. "say, and can you please answer this time, what sort of stupid reason, pray tell, has gotten to my clever brother's head to let go of someone he was so smitten of - like [name]?"

diluc will indulge him this time. "they're too good for me."

"that has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard in all my years of living." the crimson haired's eyes twitched at the scorning but dreadfully true remark.

right, it's not enough of a reason.

'they're too good for me' is not enough of reason to let go of a hopeful future he could have had with you.

'they're too good for me' is not enough of a reason to let go of an eternity he could have had with you.

'they're too good for me' is not enough of a reason to let go of you. his love. his what-could-have-been. all of his heart and soul.

diluc scoffed at the ironic thought. he is many things, a liar is not one of them. but if kaeya could count how much has the diplomat lied to himself, the numbers plastered on the clock would not be enough.

"it wouldn't hurt to be a tad bit kinder to yourself, you know?"

and it is as if the gears in his head had started to get back on its track. in all the young master's years of living, he has busied himself with a legacy to uphold, a city to protect, a manor to maintain, a brother to watch over. that not once has he ever queried himself, even during the times that he still has you enclosed within the comfort of his arms,

is diluc ragnvindr worthy of love?

even the thought of landing a kiss on the crevice of your lips has plagued his mind to be a taboo. the thought of even so much as cradling you in his arms in the morning under the silk sheets as the piercing sun peers over your features is an experience that he deems as something he does not deserve.

he let go of you because he thought he can't have nice things. he thought he can't have someone as divine and loving as you not when he has lost faith in the things that have defined him. not with the ever lingering thought that how could it be possible for you to love him as much as he loves you?

"huh, I know that familiar look on your face. go get them."

a smile adorned diluc's face, he really can't deny that the existence of kaeya in itself is his voice of reason in particular situations. just like this one.

drifting to the city of mondstadt, breathless, beads of sweat trickling down his forehead, words that he practiced on repetitively reciting inside his subconscious. built form standing anxiously in front of your apartment complex.

"diluc? what on ear-"

what he initially was supposed to say all went down to the drain as his first instinct is to enclose you in an embrace, head falling on the crook of your neck. a breathless laugh leaves his mouth, "[name]."

"yes, I love you too you big oaf."

it just felt so light. so unspoken. it's so real, like an all-powerful notion - a compelling evidence that... you are his and he is yours.

diluc ragnvindr is of many things. thank archons being worthy of love is one of them.