13: the tragedy many years ago

Start from the beginning

Never before had Ho-Jun felt so flustered. "Jiwoo, how is it?"

"G, Good. I can, at least still, move a bit—"

Thunder boomed and lightning suddenly pierced through the roof, destroying a chunk of the building. Everyone, as well as Han Seongik who had just arrived, were stunned.

A man had come along with that lightning, radiating a bloodthirsty aura that could overwhelm even the average Awakener.

Kang Dusik: "Who the hell are you?!"

"Jiwoo," Kayden Break began. "Watch and learn... how to get rid of an enemy who gets in your way."

Kayden Break.

This was the first time any of them had seen this person make a move. Lightning danced in the air, its crackling powers making Ho-Jun's hair stand up. His electric blue eyes widened in awe as the devastating power of Kayden's lightning.

A very dangerous dance was being performed in front of him and it tempted Ho-Jun to do something incredibly stupid.

I want to fight.

That pair of electric blue eyes seemed to glow with excitement.

I really want to fight Kayden.

.

.

"Stop moving already, how the fuck am I supposed to patch you up if you keep fidgeting?!"

"Sorry!"

Jiwoo pouted and tried not to make a move. He kept glancing at Ho-Jun from the corner of his eyes, as if he had something to ask. The germaphobe noticed this and asked, "What? You look like you're brimming with questions."

"That, Just that, Ho-Jun, you've been smiling since we left the gym."

A flicker of surprise flashed through Ho-Jun's eyes as he consciously curved down his lips into a frown. Jiwoo visibly deflated when the smile on Ho-Jun's face disappeared.

It was too bad he couldn't take a picture.

Ho-Jun smiling was so cute!

"Anyway," Ho-Jun started as he fished out a medical mask inside the first aid kit he used. "I have to get going. I'll drop by in the morning to bring you breakfast." He suddenly glared at Jiwoo, startling the poor injured teen. "Don't you dare eat the cafeteria's food, got that?!"

"Y, Yes!"

Ahn Ho-Jun left Jiwoo's room, huffing as he shut the door close. Although, if one looked closely, the tip of his ears was painted a pastel red. Dammit. I forgot to wear a mask in front of Jiwoo?? The germaphobe suddenly felt a crisis. There was just no way he could have forgotten it, right?!

For some reason, I feel this is fucking dangerous if it keeps up.

.

.

"They're supposed to be around this area but it's taking them quite a while to arrive."

A small metal boat hovered over the sea and sitting on it was a man with long brown hair tied in a fishtail braid. A pair of stunning electric blue eyes glistened in annoyance. "Xiao Yuyu said it's okay if I kill them, right?" This man was none other than Tian Longwei. A few hours ago, he received a message from his little brother.

Xiao Yuyu
you can redeem yourself today
sink baekdu's boat
if i see that old man alive, im not going back to the clan

A spine-chilling chuckle escaped Longwei's lips. "As long as I kill him, Xiao Yuyu will visit~" A small dot appeared over the horizon. Longwei perked up and made the metal boat move towards that direction. A bloodthirsty stare fixated on the old man standing near the bow. That must be... Kang Dusik, my target.