Perfectly Timed Interruptions

Start from the beginning

"Welcome back, princess." I heard him say just as he'd disappeared into the crowd again. My watery eyes followed him all the way into the kitchen where he approached Hayden from behind, attacking her neck with kisses.

And god, did I wish that was me. But it's not. I'm the fucking idiot standing in the middle of the room with tears threatening to spill down my face while everyone else celebrates.

I shouldn't be crying, I told myself as I wiped my eyes. Although I hated fighting with James. More than anything.

I stood in the living room for another moment, half-believing that he'd change his mind and come back to me. I almost did believe it when he moved away from Hayden, but it was only so she could pull him down the hallway.

Then, I picked my feet up and brought myself to leave the house party.

James' p.o.v

I felt like shit.

Absolute shit for what I said to June. I didn't mean it. I didn't want her to get roofied. I was angry when I said that, and I only stormed off just so I didn't have to see the frown replace her smile.

It was just like that evening in my garage. I let my anger get the best of me, and said something that made her heart rip in two, which only caused my heart to also rip in two.

I approached Hayden from behind, placing my shaky hands on her waist and leaving soft kisses on her shoulder, up to her neck.

She was startled by the sudden presence, but she eventually grinned and placed her drink on the counter.

I hummed in confusion when she grabbed my hand and led me down the hallway.

"What are you doin', Hay?" I chuckled softly, fully aware of what she was doing.

"Nothing.." she giggled, opening the door to a room and peeking in to be sure it was unoccupied before pulling me in.

"Woah," I was a bit startled as she swiftly spun me around and pushed me onto the bed. She bit down on her bottom lip as her hands lifted the hem of her shirt.

Was I actually ready for this?

"No, Hayden, wait— um..." I swallowed thickly, covering my eyes with my hand just as she'd exposed her breasts to me.

That didn't do any good as she pulled my hand away, gently pushing me so I'd lay on my back. "Hayden, I don't..."

How much of a fucking idiot am I? I practically initiated this thing with her, and now I'm backing out?

All we'd ever done was a few hot make out sessions that led to hand jobs, but that was it.

"Come on... I'm tired of always getting interrupted, aren't you?" she moved to straddle my hips.

No.

Somehow I was able to time those interruptions perfectly.

She grounded her hips against mine as I kept my eyes locked on the ceiling. "Hayden, you're drunk..." I almost wanted to shield my face with my hands, afraid for whatever demon would come out of her, hearing my words.

"What?" she hissed.

"Come on, let's do this another time, yeah?" I asked softly, hoping it'd be enough to convince her to get the fuck off me.

"I want you," she leaned to whisper in my ear, "right now."

I winced.

I'd almost given up when I remembered Junior was probably still in the living room with Danny, unless she had enough of my shit and went home. Otherwise, I wouldn't forgive myself if I left her in his hands to be harmed while her best friend was trying to bone me. I was pulled out of my thoughts as I heard the sound of a zipper, and I realized she was unzipping my jeans.

That was where I had enough.

"Damn it, Hayden!" I finally pushed her off me, zipping my pants back up as I stood to my feet.

She scowled at me, grabbing her shirt and pulling it to cover her chest.

Thank God.

"I said no." I said a little calmer, catching my breath.

She squinted her eyes at me. Jesus, how could such a small girl be that terrifying?

"God, you're such a fuckin' pussy." she spat, pulling her shirt over her head. "Call me, when you've grown a pair."

I only nodded, biting hard on the inside of my cheek. She was right. My defenses were down so low to the point that I didn't push her off of me before, or when I said those things to June. I am a fuckin' pussy.

I left the room before she could, scanning my eyes around the room in search for June. I needed to apologize, but it seemed that she was already gone.

on a scale of 1 - 10 how stupid is james

my updating schedule is so horrible omg...

thank you for reading! be sure to follow, vote, and comment your thoughts :)