~chai aur ice-cream?~

Börja om från början

With every word she spoke, her excitement only increased and the smile grew wider. 

"Mera cafe, Farjaad. Ye waqaye ho raha hai. Mujhe yaqeen nahi aa raha!"

She squealed, throwing her hands in the air, which involuntarily landed around Farjaad's neck, as Umeed practically threw herself on him. It took Farjaad a moment to regain his composure, before wrapping his own arms around her petite form. 

"Lekin mujhe to hamesha se yaqeen tha. Meri Umeed sab kar sakti hai!"

He whispered into her ear. 

Umeed got off just as quickly as she had jumped over him, making Farjaad lose his balance yet again. 

"Farjaad, hum Pasha house ja saktay hein?"

"Abhi jana hai?"

"Haan, wahan sab ko surprise dena hai. Un ke saath share karna hai!"

"Haan to tum chali jao."

"Nahi, aap saath chalein, aap ne mujhe itna support kiya hai. Mein chahti hoon aap mere saath hon."

Farjaad held back a smile as he got up. 

"Chalo phir."

Fast forward two hours later as they were sat in the drawing room of Pasha house. Umeed had bought a cake on the way and had asked Haya to put it away for now and to bring it after dinner. She was going to share the news over a cake cutting celebration. 

She was getting excited thinking of how everyone would react - and by everyone she meant Kamal Pasha. All she had ever wanted in her life was for him to trust her and to give her the space to take decisions for her life. She wanted him to support her when she messed things up and help her get back on track again.

But she never got any of that. Nothing she ever did was good enough for her dad. She would always be the careless, rebellious girl in his mind. She wanted to see how he would react, now that she had finally managed to convert her dream into a reality. 

Her gaze then shifted towards Farjaad, as he chatted away with Sameer and Pasha sahab. The man who changed everything for her. She had never needed a man to guide her through life. She was always in control of her own life, and fully capable of leading herself on her chosen path. All she ever wanted was one supporting pillar. Someone who would give her the space to control her life the way she wanted. The gap left by Pasha sahab was not only filled, but also beautified by Farjaad. 

Sometimes Umeed found it hard to believe that she really got this lucky with him. A soft smile crept on her lips as she stared at him. 

Just that she spoke too soon. 

"Jee Pasha uncle, wese bhi ab to Umeed ke cafe ki location bhi Ma Sha Allah se final ho gayi hai, to ab to masroofiyat aur barh jaaye gi"

She sat up straight at the sound of this, her eyes about to burst out of their sockets. 

He said WHAT?

"Acha, location final ho gayi hai? Bataya hi nahi Umeed beta tum ne. Buhat mubarak ho. Kahan khol rahi ho cafe?"

Umeed couldn't even bring herself to be excited as she answered all of their questions. All she did was glare at Farjaad. She didn't even cut the cake, simply said that it was a 'gift' for her cafe's location. 

Farjaad facepalmed himself. Yeah, it really was his fault. He once again resumed his efforts as he banged on the bathroom door, and spoke in the most desperate voice he could,