"The Mother is dead, BD. Don't worry. She was taken down with the rest of her kin," Cal said to the shivering bot. As much as he hated to think it was a good thing someone had been killed, he didn't want to imagine the struggle he would've had here if the Nightsisters weren't wiped out.

As Cal climbed, he could feel the darkness around Dathomir start to fill his brain once again. Without Y/n beside him, it was easier to ignore the onslaught of emotions Dathomir caused every time she looked at him. But now, all he could do was worry that she wasn't there. He couldn't protect her out in this planet if he wasn't by her side. Nightsisters, Nightbrothers, nydaks, and bane-back spiders all came to his mind. Anger simmered in his chest at the thought of one of those beasts taking the life of the girl he cared about. He knew it wasn't wise to dwell on such things, especially when it led to such intense and rageful emotions, but there was a whisper in his mind that he couldn't shake and it was driving him over the edge.

His thoughts were broken when he heard a loud roar come from above. Close to the ledge of a cliff, Cal peeked over the edge to look at the surface of the rock. There were three Nightbrothers standing there, firing their weapons at something that wasn't him, oddly enough. Until Cal looked up. He saw the giant creature he and Y/n had witnessed flying over Dathomir just a few hours ago. Up close, it looked like a large bat with a less-than-friendly face. It's eyes were a milky white as it glared down on the attackers. It roared again as it descended upon the Nightbrothers, snatching one up that tried to jump for his freedom. Cal watched as the animal flew away with the Nightbrother trapped in its clawed grasp.

"Let's make a note not to run into him," Cal whispered to BD, who beeped with firm agreement.

Cal stood from the climbing ledge and as soon as the Nightbrothers saw him, they quickly forgot about their recently lost brother. They began firing at him with their glowing bows while two more carrying maces dropped from above. From where, Cal didn't even know, and he didn't care. He was beginning to feel overwhelmed. The Nightbrothers, the undead, the creature, Y/n. It was all becoming too much for his mind. It a fit of strength, his brought his hand down to the ground, a sudden burst of the Force blasting the Nightbrothers down onto their backs. Cal wasted no time in wonderment of his new ability and attacked.

When they were all defeated, Cal took a stim from BD and felt himself regain his strength. Yet another pull was dragging him towards a small discarded mace, touching it as he felt the memory connected to it. "There is no place for you here. The Brothers will kill you if you stay," the Nightsister's accented voice spoke in the memory.

Another voice, this one shockingly familiar to him, answered her back. "Come, I'm certain they are no match for your power..."

"It seems our wandering friend has been doing more than just observing," Cal mentioned, and BD tilted his head. "That man with the hood. He's using the Nightsister's power for something. By the Force, I hope neither of them found Y/n."

Brill beep boop trill bzz BD stated as Cal closed his eyes, rubbing his fingers over the lids.

"I know, buddy. I can't get her out of my head," Cal told him with a sigh. "I'm not sure if I'd rather the wanderer find her or the Nightsister."

Boop bo-beep BD said, and Cal managed a little laugh with a smile.

"Yeah, I do, BD. A lot." Standing, he brushed off his poncho with a shake of his head. "Probably more than a Jedi should care about someone."

Bzz beep boop beep? BD questioned him. The droid just wasn't giving up as Cal continued to move forward along the path.

"You traveled with Cordova, BD. You know the Jedi Code, don't you?" Cal asked him back, BD nodded with a small trill. "Attachment leads to jealousy and... and possession. It's just not a good idea to fall into that pit."