Chapter 5

FIVE

"It's a pity you didn't know

When you started your game of murder,

That I was playing, too."

~ Robb White

JENNIE

Who in the fuck is asking to die?

I glared toward the back of the room, searching for the face behind the voice that had dared interrupt me.

My blood boiled.

Lisa, soon-to-be-fucking-dead, Manoban was walking down the stairs—my fucking stairs—with her sex hair high and her brown eyes sharper than razor blades. She was beautiful, and I almost regretted the fact that I would have to put a bullet in her head and then smash it through a fucking wall.

"So, this is the one behind the bitch?" Ryan laughed.

Before I could even stop myself, I brought the butt of my gun across his face and did not stop smashing it until I heard a sick pop. I beat him into unconsciousness and left him slumped in his chair, his eyes swollen shut.

Wiping the blood from my face, I took a deep breath and held the gun up for Chanyeol before I turned back to face the fuckable idiot.

"You overstep, Manoban."

She looked me up and down with both disgust and lust. "Do I? I believe you're mistaken, love. After all, I just signed a very powerful document making all of this mine."

"Did your father pay for your Dartmouth diploma? Because you don't seem to be good at reading." I glared at her, trying not to let the thick waves of lust that radiated off her bother me. "That paper says you work with me after our marriage, Manoban, and we are not married yet so you're still a fucking guest in my fucking house."

She smirked and it was sexy, dangerously so, and I wanted to kill her for it. "Be a good fiancée and tell your pets to leave, or I will put them down, sweetheart." Her eyes assessed at me as though I was her shiny new toy.

Do not kill. Do not kill. Jennie, stay calm and do not kill her.

I wasn't going to lose my cool in front of my men. Glancing across the room, each of them stood with their hands tensed at their sides, waiting for me to give the word. Just a tip of my head would signal them to put as many fucking bullets as possible into the motherfucker in front of me.

"Chanyeol, Hanbin, take Mr. Ross and wake him up. If he doesn't cooperate, please show him the live feed we have of his brother, whom he also failed to hide, and the bomb in his house." I never broke eye contact with Lisa. "The rest of you, leave."

I could hear their feet as they followed my orders and ran like roaches in the daylight. The only men who didn't move were the two I recognized as Lisa's brother and cousin.

"That applies to you two as well."

They grinned and looked to Lisa.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "They stay here."

Taking a step forward, I stopped when she was a little more than an inch away from me. I could feel her breath on the tip of my nose, and smiled sweetly.

"Only if they're in body bags," I said, stepping around Lisa and scowling at the two men who had yet to leave. "You have two seconds."

They shifted their eyes toward the person standing behind me once more before heading toward the door. The moment it shut, I spun around, fist flying toward her head. It met her palm.

Grabbing my fist, she flung me into the chair Ryan had occupied. She cupped my cheek with one hand, and with the other, she held both my wrists tight.

"First, your joke?" she said, panting in my face like a lion eager for the chance to jump her prey. "Not funny."