𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐘/𝐍.

Mike Wheeler had been keeping a secret from his best friend, Y/n. When he was younger, he had attempted to take his own life. Although he had survived, he had never told her about it. One day, he decided to confide in Y/n. He was scared that she would judge him or think less of him, but he knew that he couldn't keep it bottled up inside any longer. When he told her what had happened, Y/n was shocked, but she didn't judge him. Instead, she comforted him and reminded him of all the reasons why he was amazing. She told him that he was strong, brave, and resilient, and that he had so much to offer the world. As she spoke, Mike felt a weight lifted off his shoulders. He realized that he didn't have to face his struggles alone, and that he had a friend who would always be there for him.

"You wanted to see me, right?" Mike asked the girl who was sat in front of him. "Yeah, i really wanted to tell and ask you something actually." She answered. "Go ahead, i'm listening." He told her with a sweet smile.

"Well, ever since we met, i have always thought you are amazing. I have looked up to you for so many years." Mike was taken aback by her honesty, not knowing what to say. No one has ever said such a sweet thing about him.

"But, you know, lately, i've been thinking. I never actually asked you if you're okay. Because all of those times you were there for me, i was never there for you. So i really wanted to ask you, are you okay, Mike?"

'No i'm not.' Mike thought, 'i committed suicide. If it wasn't for El i would've never survived. Should i tell her? She's my best friend.'

Mike sat there in deep thought, thinking about telling his very best friend. Y/n saw small tears pricking in his eyes, making them glassy.

"Holy shit! Mike are you okay?" She asked, walking over to him and engulfing him in a tight hug. Mike burst out in tears, wrapping his arms around her.

"No i'm not." He told her, letting go after a good while. "I should've told you. I should've fucking told you." He exclaimed, still crying. "You should've me what?" Y/n asked him, while rubbing his back to comfort him.

"I tried to kill myself Y/n. I should've told you earlier." Y/n was shocked. Why did he never tell her? He had always seemed so happy with his life, the only times he cried with her was when Will was missing.

"Mike what? Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, while a tear rolled down her cheek. She quickly hugged him again, to show a sign of sympathy.

"I was scared you were going to judge me." He told her, scared of what her reply would be. "I would never judge you Mike. Please tell me what happened so i can help you."

"Well, one time when Will was still missing, i was with Dustin while we were being chased by Troy. When we got to the cliff at the quarry, there was no way of getting out of there. Troy was threathening to cut Dustin's teeth out if i didn't jump off the cliff. Even though i wouldn't have hesitated to jump in order to save Dustin and his teeth, that wasn't the only reason. You know, with Will missing, my parents ignoring me, the bullying. I didn't see any reason to live at that point. So i jumped. I was lucky El was there to save me, because if she wasn't, i wouldn't be here right now, happily living life with you by my side."

At the end of the short story Mike was telling, Y/n couldn't stop crying. The amount of grief he had been forced to carry around with him hurt her heart so deeply. Mike saw that she was crying and gave her a quick hug.

"Mike you're so incredibly amazing, you've fought monsters and survived each time, you're a good friend and I love you for the person you are and if you ever have those thoughts again, please come to me. I don't know what i would do without you."

"I love you Y/n/n."

"I love you too Mikey."

EL SPEAKS!
I'm literally SO
proud of this!
i hope you
guys enjoyed this ❤️