Claws of Destiny: Prelude

"It has been done, my lord." Furtail said, bowing before the pure black cat.

"Are you sure that they fulfill the requirements?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Good. Make sure you say nothing of the prophecy to them. Don't tell them about their destiny. We can't risk them succeeding now, can we?" The cat purred, licking a paw.

"No, we can't. That's why I've cleverly separated them from the rest of their families. Told the mothers they died. Tears were shed of course, but it had to be done." Furtail licked his chest fur.

"I knew I could count on you, Furtail. Now all you need to do is keep them close by and never let them leave."

"There's a slight problem though, my lord."

"What is it?" His ears perked up and his eyes narrowed.

"You know how the prophecy calls for three cats?" Furtail said, shifting from paw to paw.

"Yes."

"Well, we only found one cat. The others either died or live under the rule of Lord Strongpaws."

"You mean the outcasts?" The black cat was trying to stay calm.

"Yes, the outcasts. Led by your greatest enemy."

"Then why didn't you search his territory?" Anger seeped into his voice.

"B-because they're too strong for our forces, my lord."

"Then sneak in, capture Strongpaws, hold him hostage, and demand the information from him! You have three days to bring the cat to your territory along with the others. Or I'll send another team after you and have you killed."

"Yes, my lord." Furtail said, slinking out of the room.

"And remember, The Dark One rules all. King Sharpclaws just doesn't know that yet, but he will soon. You have my word."