"Mere paas tumhare liye kuchh hai." He said taking out a small box from his pocket. He pulled her from her seat in front of mirror to face him. "Ye anguthi is khandan me sadiyon se hai. Lekin mere liye ye meri Ma ki nishani hai." He said putting a Dimond and sapphire ring on her finger. "Wo kehti thi ke meri bahu ki hai, sirf us hi ko isey pehanne ka haq hoga mere baad. Lekin unki death ke baad mujhe lagta tha ke shayad main ye kisi ko bhi na de sakunga. Aj se ye tumhari hai Meerab. Aur mere liye ye boht badi baat hai."

"Lekin.... lekin ye to boht qeemti hai. Mein ye nahi pehn sakti." She said trying to take it off but he stopped her.

"Ye tumhari hai chahe qeemti ho ya nahi or tum isey nahi utarogi." He said firmly. Meerab felt a spell of dizziness again. She swayed a little but Murtasim caught her in his arms.

"Kya hua? You're lookin pale." He looked at her with concern.

"Kuch nahi, wo.. pair mud gaya tha." She lied. No matter however much he tried to make her feel comfortable she couldn't forget how he treated her father. It wasn't like she hated him. Because she knew he had made a firm place her heart for himself. She had no idea when it happened but he had win her heart and she didn't even realise. She had accepted him as a husband in every sense of the word with her free will. But she was afraid if she will tell him about her feelings that will give him more power on her. Because that was her only shield without it she will be completely defenseless in this intimidating surrounding.

Meerab was not able to sleep that night. She kept tossing and turning. Due which Murtasim woke up and was still sleepy when he said

"Kya baat hai Meerab? Kuchh takleef hai kya?" He propped on his elbow sideways, looking at her skeptically.

"Nahi." She denied immediately. "Mai theek hoon. Bas ....aap se kuch poochhna tha." She said nervously.

"Poochho." He asked, looking at her intently.

"Umm.. main kuchh din ke liye Karachi jana chahti hoon." She said biting her lips. Murtasim's face turned stone cold on that. Gone was the concern.

"Nahi. Tum Karachi nahi ja sakti." He said.

"Lekin kyu? Ek saal ho gaya hai Mama aur Dad ko dekhe hue." She was frustrated.

"Dadi ki tabiyat boht zyada kharab hai isliye mein unhe yaha ek din ke liye bhi akela nhi chhod sakta. Aur tumhe akele mein waha jane nahi dunga." He said turning to his side to sleep.

"Aap ko mujhpe bharosa nahi hai." She said accusingly. Hearing which he turned around.

"Tumpe to hai lekin tumhare Baba par nai hai." He said cynically.

"Mein wapas aa jaugi jaldi." She pleaded.

"Nahi. Tum nahi ja saktin. Aur mein is bare me mazeed kuchh sunna nahi chahta." He left the room in anger.

A week had gone to that night but Meerab didn't stop asking him to let her go to Karachi. But he declined every time. Previous night they almost had a fight because of it. Meerab was surprised that she was able to talk to him like that otherwise she had always been a little afraid of him. Lately she was feeling too emotional to care about it. Then she received her Dad's call to tell her that her mother was seriously ill. She left for Karachi immediately just leaving a massage to Murtasim. But when he saw it she was already on her way.

She received his call that night when she got home. He wanted her to immediately get back to Hyderabad. But she refused saying she will only come back when her mother will recover. He didn't bother to call her again. She told herself she will make him see that he can't expect her to leave everything behind. And she was sure when he was in a better mood he will understand. Because she knew no matter how hot headed he was he doesn't punish people without offense.