luke ended up asking me if i wanted to go skating with him, jack, luke and some of our other friends so i said sure and got dressed.

the rink isn't too far from my house so i just said i'd drive there on my own.

i threw on a pair of leggings and a long sleeve crop top so i wouldn't be too hot or too cold. i grabbed my skates that were inconveniently in the back of my closet and hopped in to my car.

by the time i got there the guys were already there and putting their skates on.

"hey, del."
"hey, guys."
"when's the last time you skated?"
"uhhhh maybe a year."
"wow so it's been a while."
"yeah, but i figure skated for years so i'm sure i'll be fine."

i quickly put on my skates and tied my laces and walked out onto the rink with the boys.

"can you still do those cool like figure skating spins?"
"i have no idea."
"try it."

i started skating around for momentum and then i spun in a circle and kicked my leg back, pulling it into a needle.

"holy crap, i'm dizzy." i laughed.
"that was cool."
"thanks. when i was little i could've done so much more than that but now that's another story."
"you're acting like you're fifty."
"i feel like it. these sports are gonna kill me one day. i mean they almost did."
"how?"
"i got a concussion form cheer multiple times, also from figure skating when my coach tried to get me to skate with a partner who dropped me, i broke my neck which i could've gotten paralyzed for but luckily i didn't, and i tore my acl a few years ago."
"oh, wow."
"yeah. was out for two seasons. it was my freshman year of high school."

we continued to talk about sports injuries and memories while skating around the rink.

a group of friends ended up walking in and skating around as well and i noticed my brother in the group.

"hey con."
"oh, hey, d. i didn't know you were here."
"didn't think you needed to know."
"what's up, luke?"
"nothing much man, you?"
"same same. heard you got drafted in round one, that's great dude."
"yeah yeah, thanks."
"hey, del actually i'm glad you're here cause i want to introduce you to a couple of people." he grabbed my hand and led me to his friends while i turned back and gave jack a weary look.

he laughed and waved me off and i rolled my eyes and flipped him off.

once i got over i noticed that there were girls in the group. not that i really cared, but these girls gave me a bad vibe. they were wearing leggings and tops that were way too small on them.

"deli, this is jason, maddux, charlie, dylan, maddie, casey, jessica and delaney."
"omg, hi!" the blonde one, delaney squealed. "i've been wanting to meet you for forever, i mean, you are my boyfriends sister and all."
"boyfriend?"
"yeah! he didn't tell you."
"no.. he didnt."
"are those your hot friends over there? can you introduce us?" maddie asked twirling her hair in her fingers.

"uh, no, sorry. they don't really like meeting new people."
"well then howd  you become friends with them?"
"i went to school with one of them and he introduced me to the others."
"so why can't you just introduce us to them?"
"cause i can't, sorry."

i turned around and skated back to the boys as i heard the girls talking about me.

"wow, what a bitch?"
"she's such a fucking whore, probably wants them all to herself."
"i doubt that, but she could've introduced you guys."
"she can be so annoying sometimes."

when i heard connor add in to their conversation i froze in the middle of the rink.

jack, luke and trevor noticed and started skating towards me.

"you ok?"
"you look like you've seen a ghost."

i turned back and skated right towards connor and slapped him across the face.

"delilah!"
"woah, deli chill."
"how dare you?! i'm your fucking sister and you let these bitches talk about me like i'm shit. go to hell, connor i wish i was never born as your sister."
"delilah you don't  mean that.."
"do i look like i'm joking? leave me the fuck alone. and you three keep your fucking mouths shut cause paybacks a bitch and if someone heard you blabbering your mouths like the idiots you are it won't be so pretty next time." i shoved them out of my way and walked off the rink while the guys were skating after me.

i threw my skates off and slid on my slides and stormed out of the building with the guys rushing behind me.

"delilah."
"deli."
"where are you going?"
"away from him." i said with my voice cracking.

"lilah.."

i turned around and threw my arms around jack. he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my head that was on his shoulder.

"i hate him, i hate him." i cried.

"i know, baby, i know. it's ok, you're ok." he cooed in my ear as he picked me up and walked us over to my car.

"to be honest, that was really hot." luke said out loud.

i laughed and sniffed as i wiped my nose with my sleeve.

"come on, i'll go back with you to your house and we can have a movie night together." jack said rubbing my back.

"ok.."
"hey guys, i'm gonna go with her to make sure she's ok, quinn can drive y'all home." he said tossing quinn the car keys.

i hopped into the drivers side of my car and jack got into the passenger side. i started my car and reversed out of the parking spot.

the drive to my apartment was quiet but not awkward quiet, peaceful quiet.

when we got to my apartment we walked in and i shut the door, locking it behind me.

"nice place."
"thanks."
"it's very you."
"i'll take that as a compliment."
"it is."
"connor wouldn't help me decorate so i did it myself. anyways, wanna watch a movie?"
"sure, what movie?"
"oh my god, have you ever watched miss americana? or taylor's reputation world stadium tour?"
"no."
"we're watching them. you better plan on staying the night cause we have a lot of training to do."
"i couldn't picture myself anywhere else."