02| FIRST DINNER

02| FIRST DINNER

[ Chapter Two ]

❝I already did that when you threw me in the pool not even an hour ago.❞

[Summer House]

>> >> >>

Belly and Samantha were dripping water all over the floor as they made their way into the house. Samantha parted ways from Belly, leaving her in the kitchen as she headed upstairs to her room to find a towel.

Her room hadn't changed a bit since the previous summer, except for the fresh linens on the bed and her bags from the car resting on the floor by her bed.

All of their rooms in the summer house had been made specifically for them, down to the paint color on the walls. Samantha's room was painted a light pink with white flowers. There were paintings and posters all over the walls except for the area that held the mirror which had polaroids taped up around it. The polaroids were mostly of summer memories, but there were a few of her life back home. Samantha reached up and pulled two off the wall that were of her and Conrad last summer when they were dating, One of her kissing his cheek with him grinning at the camera and the other with him giving her a piggyback ride on the beach. It was hard to believe now that they had been that happy.

Samantha shoved the two photos into a drawer underneath a couple sweatshirts before she did something stupid like start crying.

Her eyes travelled to the bed which was covered by a white bedspread with pink flowers, that matched her walls. There were four pillows on the bed, two decorative and in the middle were two stuffed animals. One was a brown bear that she'd had since she was little and another was a cat that Conrad had won for her at a carnival several years ago. She'd named it Mittens. She'd been so happy that he'd been paying her so much attention.

Samantha sighed as she pulled one of her bags onto her bed and started to put her clothes onto her bed to organize and put away but Jeremiah knocked on her open door before sticking his head in. "Sam?"

"Yeah?" Samantha looked up from her bag.

Jeremiah pushed the door further open before sitting down on her bed, "Do you want to go swim in the ocean?"

Samantha raised an eyebrow at him and gestured to her bed.

"You can unpack later." Jeremiah said, looking at her room, "Wow it's like you never left."