Notes:

There are 5 main characters in this book. I have a lot of sketches about what they look like. I originally got this concept while taking MCAS. So basically instead of doing math, I spent 2 hours drawing on a piece of scrap paper.  

These are the five main characters in the story's sketches: 

The spades and clubs are mostly black and white with hints of gold. 

The hearts and diamonds are pretty much all red and white.

All the characters have a card symbol on their face somewhere. The symbols show which kingdom their from. The placement of the marking also shows their social status. Royals have the markings on their forheads- unless they are married into the royal family. In some cases, their kids may also have the symbol on their cheeks if one of their parents weren't born into the royal family. Commoners have the symbol on their cheeks, so it's still visible, but it helps distinguish them from royals. In the diamond characters case, her dad married into the royal family, so she has the mark on her cheek, even though she is royalty. 

In later sketches I did change some of the characters designs a little. I also tried to change the kingdom cultures a little bit so they weren't as similar. I tried adding more influence from other cultures. The diamond kingdom is influenced by Spain and Mexico when i designed the characters like kya and the citizens, the kingdom of hearts were inspired by asian countries like China, Korea, and japan. The kingdom of spades is based on European countries, but a lot more traditional, and the kingdom of clubs is a lot more sporadic and random. I'm thinking its probably a lot more of a mix, and probably more rural and less populous than the other kingdoms. 

There's also a whole bunch of side characters I've been drawing too. I'll upload pictures of them later I think.