Chapter 56- Old People Camp

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Sokka. I won't let anything happen to you either. You're the only person who keeps me sane, surprisingly," I replied gratefully.

"I hope that was a compliment." Sokka said, kissing my forehead. "Come on, let's get some rest."

Zuko, Katara, Suki, Sokka, and I slept on Appa's legs and tail, while Toph slept in an earth tent.

Suddenly, we were startled as we found ourselves surrounded by a wall of fire. We turned and looked up to see Piandao, Jeong Jeong, Pakku, and Bumi. The team looked confused, except for Katara, Sokka, and me, who were excited.

"Well, look who's here!" King Bumi started laughing and snorting.

Confused, Toph asked, "What's going on? We're surrounded by old people."

"Not just any old people," Katara walked up to Pakku. "These are great masters and friends of ours."

Pakku bowed. "It is respectful to bow to an old master," he extended his arms out. "but how about a hug for your new grandfather?"

As Katara hugged Pakku, Sokka and I were delighted to see the reunion between them. "That's so exciting! You and Gran-Gran must be so happy to have found each other again!" Katara exclaimed.

"I made her a new betrothal necklace and everything," Pakku said proudly.

Sokka ran up and hugged Pakku. "Welcome to the family, Gramp-Gramp!"

Pakku gently pushed Sokka away, slightly annoyed. "You can still just call me Pakku."

"How about Grand-Pakku?"

Pakku blankly stared at Sokka. "No."

Zuko and I approached Jeong Jeong, who introduced himself with a bow. "And this was Aang's first firebending teacher."

Sokka bowed to Piandao. "Master Piandao."

"Hello, Sokka," Piandao replied with a bow.

"So wait. How do you all know each other?" Suki asked.

"All old people know each other. Don't you know that?" Bumi laughed and snorted.

"We're all part of the same ancient secret society. A group that transcends the divisions of the four nations." Piandao explained.

"The Order of the White Lotus." Zuko added.

Bumi chimed in playfully, sliding next to Jeong Jeong and Piandao. "That's the one."

Jeong Jeong elaborated, "The White Lotus has always been about philosophy and beauty and truth. But about a month ago, a call went out that we were needed for something important."

"It came from a Grand Lotus: your uncle," we all turned to Zuko, who smiled. "Iroh of the Fire Nation."

"Well, that's who we're looking for." Toph exclaimed.

"Then we'll take you to him." Piandao offered.

But before we could go any further, Bumi, in his quirky way, brought up a concern. "Wait! Someone's missing from your group. Someone very important. Where's Momo?"

Leaning backward almost all the way, as Bumi is right in his face, Sokka replied. "He's gone. And so is Aang."

"Oh well," Bumi patted Sokka on the chest, causing him to almost fall back. "So long as they have each other, I'm sure we have nothing to worry about. Let's go!" Bumi used earthbending to launch himself away, laughing and snorting.